• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [...]

• [Tr...]

• [ce...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, So sorry you're having to go through this as well.

The stupid thing is that there are better days too. The unpredictable nature of this,  makes me ever so frightened. Even the day has different faces; mornings bad, slightly improving in the afternoon,  evenings are "best".

You're right; let's hope it is because of benzo and will improve after we've stopped taking it.

Let's keep hope! Good luck.

Hope its good news when I say It has significantly let up for me at times.. One time of note was about 6 months of pretty functional both sides of my Valium jump.. But then further medication discontinuations threw a spanner in the works.. The last 12 months or so have been much like when I ripped out the crazy doses of oxycontin way back when...

I also have fluctuations within each day, and then larger cycles on top of that...  A soup of crazy neurochemistry...  Thankfully I’ve had enough subtle indications to indicate that it will all settle out one-day, though I would hesitate to put a date on that..

Anyways, I sure can empathise with those that are battle fatigued...

I started being super fatigued when I got put on Paxil, fast forward and on BZD plus other meds it's much much worse.

Now and 12month WD from BZD I'm not even getting out of bed except to go eat and bathroom (depression playing a huge role in it).

What a nice way to live!

• 3 weeks later...

Still here..…. 2.5 years off and fatigue is horrific.  My adrenals have shown low cortisol all day and I support them with adrenal cortex and adrenal cocktail but no help with the fatigue.

My sleep is still delicate and I have to be careful of not getting stimulated at night.  I still have nights of no sleep.  Along with the fatigue I am soooooo weak.  I also wake many mornings with awful vibrating in my limbs and back muscles.

Just wish I could see some improvement.  My fatigue is just as bad even when I do sleep.

Same here, the extreme fatigue / exhaustion is getting worse by the week. I wake up feeling around 4 am. exhausted, sick, nauseous,  horrible.

Not even the smallest sign of anything improving,  just getting worse.

The crazy thing is however,  the fatigue lifts somewhat during the day, not going away, but less crippling.  Evenings are the best part of the day. But then it's time for another dose of poison and the whole damn things starts all over.

I am going thru this right now as well.  Actually for the last 8 months I have been so weak and tired all the time.  Some nights when I am trying to fall asleep I feel so weak that I am sure I will not be waking up.  It's a terrifying feeling.

When I look in the mirror I dont recognize myself anymore, my eyes look hollowed out and glassy. 

I am losing hope too.

• 4 months later...
do anyone think some of the fatigue is from mitochondria? I heard somewhere that benzos bind to other receptors as well and also to the mitochondria. Maybe the fatigue is from mitochondria dysfunction. Also from lack of sleep, stress, depression, and adrenal issues. I have fatigue but its more mental and also deal with brian fog as well.

One of the doctor from Benzodiazapine Withdrawal Symposium Sept. 16, 2019 suggested that the fatigue is probably coming from the mitochondria.

I actually read a lot of books about healing the mitochondria and I believe that's the reason why my fatigue is so much better now. I am now triggering the last level of this, hormones. Mitochondria are the ones producing the grandmother of all hormones. If you have less or not healthy mitochondria, your levels of pregnenolone are low, and all following hormones like for example DHEA, progesterone and so on, are low in the level as well.

I will start to take pregnenolone next week, - if I can see another improvement in my fatigue - I could let you know, if you want?

I could also go further explaining about mitochondria and supplements but I don't want to crash into the board here with all my "things".

I was bedridden and been suffering from fatigue for over 15 years, benzos and other meds, - all got worse. Since I was medfree, I worked on the mitochondrial health and all I can say is that nothing has ever helped as good as that. Although it needs a lot of blood tests to monitor it ..

I actually read a lot of books about healing the mitochondria and I believe that's the reason why my fatigue is so much better now. I am now triggering the last level of this, hormones. Mitochondria are the ones producing the grandmother of all hormones. If you have less or not healthy mitochondria, your levels of pregnenolone are low, and all following hormones like for example DHEA, progesterone and so on, are low in the level as well.

I will start to take pregnenolone next week, - if I can see another improvement in my fatigue - I could let you know, if you want?

I could also go further explaining about mitochondria and supplements but I don't want to crash into the board here with all my "things".

I was bedridden and been suffering from fatigue for over 15 years, benzos and other meds, - all got worse. Since I was medfree, I worked on the mitochondrial health and all I can say is that nothing has ever helped as good as that. Although it needs a lot of blood tests to monitor it ..

Hey! I sent you a PM. I definetly think the fatigue is from mitochondria. I mean this fatigue is something I never experienced in my life. Hoping that some or most of the fatigue issue can resolve soon.

Hey! I sent you a PM. I definetly think the fatigue is from mitochondria. I mean this fatigue is something I never experienced in my life. Hoping that some or most of the fatigue issue can resolve soon.

A fatigue always happens in the mitochondria, there is no fatigue without an effect on the mitochondrial processes. I will make a new topic about it as soon as I have finished my latest "project". :smitten:

This is interesting. Month 54, and I can't move. I try easy exercising, but then I can't breath and setback. Will this hell ever pass?  :'(

:smitten:

Hi Anna

Sorry you are in distress.  Is the breathing problem because of Benzo belly (as mine is)?

Sorry this is continuing for you.

Alan

Hi Anna

Sorry you are in distress.  Is the breathing problem because of Benzo belly (as mine is)?

Sorry this is continuing for you.

Alan

Hi Al! We seem to have similar symptoms. How is it going for you?    :)

Hi Anna,

It sucks......Benzo Belly and its pain and breathlessness are my worst symptoms along with dizziness, of course.  The dizziness is more intermittent than it used to be...I also get faux fevers daily....Usually about 7am and again about 5pm then at 9pm I am almost normal for a couple of hours.  I sleep about 4-5 hrs a night if I am lucky....And the odd painful muscle or tooth or eyeball or whatever...Always something new to wonder if it is benzo related.....I'm 74 so some can be attributed to aging, no doubt...

Stay well,

Alan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Has anyone had a 4 month window and then *SMASH* gets hit with crippling fatigue again? Yesterday was far worse than today, but I still have no energy whatsoever and after being able to drive for the last 6.5months I’m now terrified to drive again.

But this fatigue and massive headache are just brutal. Can anyone give me any insight or hope? I think my health anxiety got out of control and that’s what triggered this wave, but holy crap it’s like THE BIGGEST wave, it’s comparable to my acute phase.

Help ?!?!?!