Author Topic: Crushing Fatigue Support Group  (Read 3668 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Crushing Fatigue Support Group
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2019, 12:14:59 am »
Whoa, thatís exciting! Iíll definitely mention it to the person Iím going see re: adrenals.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2019, 11:44:57 am »
Howís everyone in the group doing? I had adrenaline surge and 4 am wake up today and itís crushing my soul. Canít even express how done with this sh*t I am. Extreme and sickening exhaustion and now I have to live the entire day. No such thing as weekends in benzo wd. Total insanity.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2019, 03:44:38 am »
I have nerve crushing muscle exhaustion and severe chronic fatigue. My legs, arms, throat are so weak that in feel as if I have ALS/a motor neuron disease, yet doctors find nothing wrong with me. The lower I get, the less I can walk or even eat. I can sometimes manage to get myself to my car so my husband can drive me to appointments but otherwise, I'm laying down, unable to do more than surf the internet on my phone. My weakness is so bad that I was put on disability. Anyway, this is all because of nervous system damage from benzos.

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2019, 05:09:20 pm »
I wish this thread was more active.... Has anyone found anything helpful for the morning fatigue?? (Aside from coffee) Vitamins and minerals? Teas? Certain foods? Exercise? Yoga?

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2019, 10:03:31 pm »
Pregnenolone: 

please be careful using this.  It is a steroid and all steroids bind to GABA receptors.  This is probably why the pregnenolone gave relief from the WD fatigue.  Be sure to carefully taper (just like a benzo) when/if you discontinue.

I am having a helluva of a time with fatigue and body ache from a steroid shot (1 year now), so steroids are not an answer ... sorry.

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2019, 10:07:37 pm »
@[...]:  there is an Extreme fatigue support page that has a lot more responses, and may have some answers for you...

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2019, 10:56:49 pm »
Thanks, athesy!

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2019, 01:17:52 pm »
My Fatigue is pretty bad, not crushing but I'm about 50% of what I once was before the benzos.  After reading these posts I find myself realizing I  have similar findings with sleep and fatigue. I have sleep apnea also and use a cpap .  Before the benzos and before being  treated for sleep apnea I would wake up very tired all the time.  When I don't get good sleep I'm very fatigued,

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2019, 09:27:58 am »
I want to keep this thread going....so, as well as the crushing fatigue, do you also suffer really bad weakness and hardly able to do anything physical?

For those with adrenal fatigue and low cortisol you can take adrenal cortex capsules.  They do not contain any hormones but they contain the raw nutrients required to support the adrenals. Also can use the adrenal cocktail - vit c, sea salt, - the adrenals use more vitamin c than any other organ in the body and they also love salt, and this will help to keep your blood pressure up.

How far off are you guys and still suffering this fatigue.  Mine started about one year off and I am just about 2 years off and the fatigue has been really bad in the last 6 months.

Also for fatigue I am taking yerba mate, the south American herb for fatigue.  I have only just started it so the jury is out.  I was on yerba mate tea and only had a bit of improvement in energy so gone over to capsules.

I have one coffee on the morning but don't want to drink any more as it stresses the adrenals.

OK, keep us posted.

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2019, 10:44:06 am »
My fatigue started around the 1 year mark too and has gotten progressively worse. I have a hard time doing physical things and sometimes the exhaustion makes me nauseous. My cortisol tested off the chart high in the mornings. Iíve tried phosphatidyl serine and seriphos to no avail. Lately Iíve been getting some relief, not quite windows, but lessening of the fatigue. Iíve been drinking rooibos tea and itís either coincidental or itís helping. Iíll take it either way.  Iíll try to up my vit C intake.