Author Topic: Crushing Fatigue Support Group  (Read 3667 times)

[Buddie]

Crushing Fatigue Support Group
« on: April 27, 2019, 09:10:07 pm »
The crushing fatigue seems to be my worst symptom in this Benzo tolerance and taper. Since it seems that fatigue is certainly a symptom, it does not seem to be mentioned as much as the sleeplessness, electrical sensations, etc.

So, I wanted to start a support for those of us that spend our bad days in bed or on the sofa.

Can anyone describe theyíre fatigue and has anyone found relief for this horrible symptom?

My mornings are full of trying to get up, then Iím on the sofa. I seem to be cold most of the time as well!

Please tell us about your fatigue and anything you have learned about helping!

Thank you,
Mark
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Crushing Fatigue Support Group
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 09:30:12 pm »
Yup
Muscle fatigue mainly. 
Improved a tiny bit on tapering.
Good wishes
Dick
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 01:19:07 am »
Same here. Crushing fatigue. Three months off. Got a bit better for a month after getting off v. The past two months have been hell.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2019, 03:13:47 pm »
Really, really severe fatigue here - like a dementor had sucked the life out of me and can barely sit upright. Stuck on the couch all bloody day just cruising the internet.  Also very, very weak and feel heavy and can barely walk up the stairs --- and  I am 22 months off and no break from this half dead feeling.
[...].

I have even resorted to taking some organic guarana and it hardly helps....

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2019, 03:49:10 pm »
Iíve come to believe that sleep apnea is a critical contributing factor to the extreme weakness and fatigue. Iím already diagnosed with mild sleep apnea. Seventeen days ago I raised the minimum pressure on my APAP machine. Lo and behold, I started getting deep and real sleep for the first time in many years. My apnea-hypopnea (AHI) score dropped well into the normal zone too.

Yesterday morning I woke up feeling normal. Yes, normal. I was able to go for a two mile walk on the nearby beach bluffs. It wasnít easy, but I was able to do it. This morning I woke up feeling pretty good too. Iíve been on the couch glued to my phone for months prior.

The effects of successful sleep apnea therapy are cumulative.

I think that anyone coming off benzos and experiencing crushing weakness and fatigue should consider getting sleep apnea testing. This may well be an underexplored phenomenon. Just saying.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 11:48:43 am »
This is one of my worst symptoms. As soon as I open my eyes, I feel the severe exhaustion crushing me. Itís not regular tiredness or sleepiness, but more of a sick exhaustion. I feel it in my shoulders. Sometimes it feels like Iím wearing a backpack full of rocks. I push through and exercise and work.

[...], interesting regarding the apnea. My fiancť says she sees me choke and wake myself up sometimes. I donít want to spend the money on a sleep study if itís just benzos, but you make me wonder if an apnea machine could help.

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 07:51:18 pm »
I carry my fatigue in my clenched shoulders as well. Neck too.

Got cortisol bloodwork results back yesterday. Bottomed out. Not quite Addisonís disease, but lower than the lowest normal in the reference range. Mid morning blood draw rather than the usual early AM cortisol draw which shows reasonable cortisol numbers. Another link to the fatigue and weakness. This shit hammers adrenals.

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2019, 08:09:57 pm »
I carry my fatigue in my clenched shoulders as well. Neck too.

Got cortisol bloodwork results back yesterday. Bottomed out. Not quite Addisonís disease, but lower than the lowest normal in the reference range. Mid morning blood draw rather than the usual early AM cortisol draw which shows reasonable cortisol numbers. Another link to the fatigue and weakness. This shit hammers adrenals.

Interesting. Iím sending off a saliva test this week. Apnea and adrenal fatigue are what I wonder about, but always just chalk it up to the benzos. Interested to see how my cortisol test comes back.

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2019, 08:40:10 pm »
Seems to me that sleep apnea, adrenal fatigue and benzo withdrawal synergistically promote each other. I wonder if getting one of them under control spontaneously causes remission of the others.

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2019, 09:04:39 pm »
That makes sense to me. Iím glad you figured to out and hope you get some relief!