Need help for a friend on 20 mg of Valium...

[So...]

It's been a long time since I was here asking for help, but this time it's for someone else.

I'm very familiar with the shorter acting benzo's, but I have no clue as to what rate someone on Valium should reduce daily. They have already cut down from 30 to 20 in four months (Yeah...I know!!), and would now like to slow down and do a liquid daily taper. They will be mixing their own solution, and I have advised them on what they need to use (whole milk, vodka, etc.), but I just don't know what reduction rate to start them at. They are currently stable, btw. Any help would be appreciated!!

PS. As for me, I'm doing great at 5 years free!!  :smitten:

It's been a long time since I was here asking for help, but this time it's for someone else.

I'm very familiar with the shorter acting benzo's, but I have no clue as to what rate someone on Valium should reduce daily. They have already cut down from 30 to 20 in four months (Yeah...I know!!), and would now like to slow down and do a liquid daily taper. They will be mixing their own solution, and I have advised them on what they need to use (whole milk, vodka, etc.), but I just don't know what reduction rate to start them at. They are currently stable, btw. Any help would be appreciated!!

Hi there! Congrats on being 5 years free!

5 -10% every 10-14 days is a great place to start. 

Here is a program where you can Create Your Own Taper Plan by Jim Hawk It may be helpful if you check out the Help function prior to using the program.

This is a sample made from Jims program:

click image

XjuOHsR.png

Play around with this program to find a plan that will work for your friend.

If you need more help just ask ...we are here for you!  :thumbsup:

It's odd is it not, but 5% each two weeks seems to be the new norm?? I have gone at 50% and 25% but from dire high doses.

Good luch with it

Dick

Hi!  Very nice of you to help look after your friend and glad you are feeling so well  :D

If you believe, they are truly stable and you have 2 mg pills, .04 is a good amount in my opinion.  It's easy to make and can be held if sxs start ramping up.  Good luck!!  That's 6% a month, but as I said .04 with a 2 mg pill is easy to reduce or increase.  Love Mary 💜🙏☮️