Doc suggested (forced) crossover - opinions?

[Mo...]

So new psych doc is having me crossover from 1.5mg Ativan to 10mg Valium in this way;

1st month: 4mg Valium in morning along with 4 doses of Ativan .25mg (1mg total)

2nd month: 7mg Valium in morning along with 4 doses of Ativan .125mg (.5mg total)

3rd month: 10mg Valium in morning no Ativan

I have an appointment next Tuesday to see if Valium dose can be split into two doses

I can kinda see how this might work, three days in and it hasn’t been too bad so far.

Any insight, thoughts would be appreciated - thank you all!  :)

You sound comfortable and doc got changing dose equivalent about right, the speed of the taper seems ok as it is by the month. I hope you do well.

Dick.

Thanks Dick!

So far so good. I still get interdose but it's not as severe and it doesn't seem to last as long. I still get the intrusive thoughts but just letting them be seems easier to do as well.  My thinking is somewhat clearer too but tradeoff is fatigue..but getting better.  I've only been on it for 6 days so i'm hoping it just keeping improving.

;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Dick!

So far so good. I still get interdose but it's not as severe and it doesn't seem to last as long. I still get the intrusive thoughts but just letting them be seems easier to do as well.  My thinking is somewhat clearer too but tradeoff is fatigue..but getting better.  I've only been on it for 6 days so i'm hoping it just keeping improving.

;)

Let us know how you do Monkeypig, it is a new take and if it ends up working well, gives us all good information for the future  :D

Glad heading in right direction.

If you have a wobble you wont be the first or last._)))) Keep ticking along.

Your doc sounds on the ball.

Forty

Thanks for your input everyone.

I was finding the once a day dosing too tough so I asked psychiatrist if I could split it into four doses, when I take my Ativan and he said try it.  I did and the interdose is much less noticeable and overall feel better. In 10 days I go to .125 of ativan x 4 with 7mgs Valium total which I will also split into 4 doses.  After a month it will be all Valium at 10mg. 

It hasn’t been the hell i was anticipating so far so fingers crossed.

Again thank you all for your support, it is priceless during a time like this!

Cheers y’all 🥂

MP

Thanks for your input everyone.

I was finding the once a day dosing too tough so I asked psychiatrist if I could split it into four doses, when I take my Ativan and he said try it.  I did and the interdose is much less noticeable and overall feel better. In 10 days I go to .25mg x 4 of ativan with 7mgs Valium total which I will also split into 4 doses.  After a month it will be all Valium at 10mg. 

It hasn’t been the hell i was anticipating so far so fingers crossed.

Again thank you all for your support, it is priceless during a time like this!

Cheers y’all 🥂

MP

;). You go Monkeypig.  We got your back  :D.  M. 💜

Forty

Well Dick, today is a wobbly day....totally thrown down.  I have been really pushing it and doing stuff since last Saturday and I think the efforts caught up to me.  I guess it’s important to not overdo it even when crossing over, am I correct?

Forty

Well Dick, today is a wobbly day....totally thrown down.  I have been really pushing it and doing stuff since last Saturday and I think the efforts caught up to me.  I guess it’s important to not overdo it even when crossing over, am I correct?

That's pretty much right through the whole taper period MP. You can find the amount that suits you, but crossover might be an unusually sensitive time.  Mary 💙

That's pretty much right through the whole taper period MP. You can find the amount that suits you, but crossover might be an unusually sensitive time.  Mary 💙

Mary, pardon if I’ve already asked but are you working as you taper?

Mary, pardon if I’ve already asked but are you working as you taper?

No, I was having chronic migraines when the housing market crashed, got laid off twice, I was a loan officer, so the second time , my migraines were just awful.  I quit working then.  2012, I think.  Wasn't even on benzo's then.  Now wonderful wd.  Sucks  :)

Welcome to a rubbish day---It means you are responding normally.

I have come off an antipsychotic (given for depression), -----the anxiety and sleep cock up is horrible.

Tomorrow is another day,

Chin Up

Dick

Thank you Mary for answering my question.  I want to go back to work sooo bad, I love my job but I’m understanding the whole one day at a time or as my psychiatrist said to me, one hour at a time.  I’m sorry to hear your story, you’re right it sucks but no use dwelling on it right?  You’re taking charge and getting things done, and I’m proud of you and respect your progress.

Dick, I had a few « good » days up until yesterday afternoon when I walked for a good 45 minutes, biked  to gym for 30, did a couple errands, saw my psychologist (clueless about benzo dependency), biked some more (in noisy traffic), helped make supper.  I think I did a bit too much and weekend was very active too.  I guess today is a crappy and as you say tomorrow is another day, could be a good one ☝️ .  Thank you for your encouragement.  I was hoping crossover would get better as the days went on but I’ll just keep being as optimistic as I can. 

Cheers 🥂