My Doctor switched me from 1mg Clonazepam to 30mg Temazepam

[Sp...]

My Doctor has been helping me with my Clonazepam tapering plan for the past couple of months.

The biggest issue I'm having is insomnia. A couple of months ago she put me on Trazodone for sleep.

It really helped for over a month but slowly stopped working.

This past week she had me switch from Clonozepam to Temazepam (abruptly). She also put me on Zoloft to help with anxiety. Her thinking is that both of these changes to the tapering plan will help with the insomnia.

Everything I've read on this forum and the Ashton Manual recommends crossing over to a benzo with a longer half life to help manage withdrawal symptoms. (c/o to Diazepam for Clonazepam withdrawal )

Unfortunately, Temazepam has a considerably shorter half life than Clonazepam.

I would appreciate any input on the doctors tapering plan, (is it dangerous?) and any help with responding to her about my concerns.

Almost all of my communication with my doctor is by texting using the Health Care Providers portal. She has been very helpful and responsive, usually gets back to me the same day.

Thank you,

Spokeman

Hello Again,

I met with my doctor yesterday and reviewed the Ashton Manual Withdrawal Schedule for Clonazepam with her and went very well.

I am reinstating Clonazepam and I should get the Diazepam script in the next couple of days and I will begin the Ashton Withdrawal Schedule.

Going to stay on Temazepam for now.

I noticed I got a lot of reads on my first post but no feedback.

It would be nice to get any thoughts you have. 

Thank you,

Spokeman