Visions

[Ba...]

Last night in bed, waiting for sleep, I had visions for the first time. They were of nature, pleasant, not scary.

Are visions a w/d symptom?

There is a transitional state between being awake and asleep called Hypnagogia. You are conscious but can experience dreams or visions. People with insomnia or sleep disorders are sometimes stuck in this state unable to fully fall asleep. I have experienced this many times when I have insomnia. It’s annoying, but I guess better than being completely conscious all night,  staring at the ceiling.

I need to know more to explain this. As in are you off benzos or still tapering? I find it amazing you are sleeping at all, no matter

Visions are not the same as hallucinations. They occur when you are relaxing before you go to sleep. I have been off benzos for 7 years and I have visions sometimes, too. The brain just sort of blanks shut for a moment, and produces visions. Because your are actually pleasant, I think that is VERY good.

During benzo wd, our brains are taxed, and trying to heal itself. And it will as long as you stay off benzos. But a healing brain can cause some weird symptoms. In your case, as I don't know where you are in getting off benzos - I would guess that you have felt stressed out and perhaps tense. Normal. So when you relax your brain produces these visions. Does that make sense to you.

If you need more help understanding, feel free to PM me.

east

I just saw EE75's post and it is correct. Thank you for posting this!