Is .03 mg DLMT of valium too slow to start with?

[jo...]

I just finished my 2nd week of DLMT from 15 mg of valium.  I still take pills along with the liquid each day and all is going well.  Which makes me wonder if I am going too slow with the liquid taper part of my plan.  I have been currently reducing .03 mg of valium a day for the last two weeks to start off with my DLMT.  This will approximately take 33 days to taper 1 mg.

I feel fine and have no sx, so my question is: Since I am starting at a fairly high amount of valium (15 mg), would it be wise to try and go from .03 mg to .04 mg a day?  That would be tapering 1 mg every 25 days instead of 33 days.  Quicker yes, but safer???

So, the dilemma is: To be cautious and safe staying at a .03 mg taper or try to be a little quicker and go to a .04 mg taper.

Since I am new at this, I don't know what is considered too fast or too slow.  I guess all I can do is experiment and trust what my body is telling me it needs.

Thanks to all.

Some folks do well tapering 10% every 14 days. @15mg, 10%/14days would be a .107(.11) daily reduction. So if you were to try speeding it up to say .04 reduction per day, this may still be considered slow for some. Give it a shot :thumbsup:

I just finished my 2nd week of DLMT from 15 mg of valium.  I still take pills along with the liquid each day and all is going well.  Which makes me wonder if I am going too slow with the liquid taper part of my plan.  I have been currently reducing .03 mg of valium a day for the last two weeks to start off with my DLMT.  This will approximately take 33 days to taper 1 mg.

I feel fine and have no sx, so my question is: Since I am starting at a fairly high amount of valium (15 mg), would it be wise to try and go from .03 mg to .04 mg a day?  That would be tapering 1 mg every 25 days instead of 33 days.  Quicker yes, but safer???

So, the dilemma is: To be cautious and safe staying at a .03 mg taper or try to be a little quicker and go to a .04 mg taper.

Since I am new at this, I don't know what is considered too fast or too slow.  I guess all I can do is experiment and trust what my body is telling me it needs.

Thanks to all.

Perfect..!! -meaning that if your Symptoms want to guide you to reduce a bit faster at this point, then great..!! Thats the bonus of starting a bit cautiously..!!

If you want to be a bit more cautious, the only thing I would put forward, would be to give it another week or two (ie. a bit more than 2weeks) being that your starting off and have had some changes.. But with the  change your making, I doubt its a biggie..

Thumbs up... :)

-but I best read the rest of your thread first I guess... lol