Clarification on DLMT

[ro...]

Hi.

Im tapering 1mg K, 2X .5mg pills currently.

I'm trying to get my head around DLMT. I understand the concept, but want to know more on multi day batches and the daily routine of dosing. Is that how most are doing it? Instead of a daily preparation using smaller containers? You're making batches?

If so, if I wanted to do 10 days worth, I would use 20 .5mg klonopin pills, 10 ml of everclear or vodka, and then 990 ml of water? Does this sound right?

Or I could just liquefy 1 pill and use the other "dry" pill for dose splitting right. and make a batch of 1 pill, 10 ml everclear or vodka, and 100 ml water.

Take the "dry" .5mg K pill for one dose and the liquid for the second dose of the day. Humm, that would take 400 days. So I guess liquefy both pills.

Reduce my intake .5ml/day 99.5,99,98.5,98,97.5 etc?

Im sorry, I just spent an hour reading posts but I don't understand the batch idea. Do most make up batches as Builder did?

If you DLMT-ers are down to just using liquid, are you dose splitting?

If so, how many splits per day? 2,3?

I'm so anxious over this. I want to get it right!

What are you using for large batch storage? I guess any jar will do, But i'm trying to get my head around the size needed for 500 or 1000 ml of liquid. What did you use for yours? And for X sake, what if the jar gets knocked off the counter..Try explaining that to the doctor.  :crazy:

Anyway, I need to get this taper right, as this doctor is going to end up forcing me off I fear. And how are you pulling out your solution, with 10ml syringes? Or are you using a larger 100ml syringe, or a 50ml? ARRGGHH!

Something like this?

Use a 1ml syringe, fill it to the .5ml mark and ingest. Take some other size syringe (10,50,100ml) and eyeball it and pull out another 99ml? Next day pull out 99ml and ingest? The batch idea and the daily physical act of accurately getting that days dose measured is confusing me. I'm trying to conceptualize the daily routine, but cannot seem to get it.

Can someone (Builder?) give a step by step of the daily procedure and details?  :idiot:

What did you use for hardware IE syringes etc. What were your steps for the day?

I was going to use milk and make 5-10% cuts every 2-4 weeks, making a new solution daily but I don't want to get crushed at some point doing the cut and suffer.

And if I DLMT'd this milk suspension I was planning on doing, I would have to re-stir it every time I were to pull from it as the K would potentially settle out between pulls because it's only suspended, not in solution from using a solvent.

(Like if I was down to 50 ml of suspension left on my taper, and using 10 ml syringes, I would have to pull from that 5 times to get the unneeded suspension removed from the container. I worry about stuff sticking to the side of the syringe with multiple pulls of liquid.)

So...:

Can someone explain the basic mechanics of your daily routine for accurately removing your days reduction?

Or is their a video out there, or a detailed post that I missed?

What did you use for syringes that you found most useful during your taper?

What did you use for a batch container if you were doing multi day batches?

Well, lots of questions and not very clearly constructed, but I am in a sort of panic right now so please excuse me.

Thanks ahead of time,I really appreciate you reading my post.

(BTW, I am in tolerance so am always feeling some sensation of withdrawal)

RW

I was concerned about getting confused, so I do a mix for two days. I'm at .5 once per day, so a two day dose is two of my pills = 1 mg Xanax.

The ratio is 1:2:8 which I have written at the top of my taper sheet. That means, for me, the mix is two .5 Xanax for two days dissolved in 2 ml vodka (can't drink milk). Then I add 8 ml water.

The syringes are 3 ml and 1 ml. I pull 2 ml vodka in the 3 ml syringe. I put that in a juice glass with the pills and swirl around a few seconds until dissolved. Then I pull 2 ml of water four times for the 8 ml and put that in the juice glass. Then I stir and put doses in a measuring cup and save (for second day) juice cup. I add one of the dose to a measuring cup and have my dose for one day to divide any way I want.

Syringes were on a prescription from my doctor for allergy and B12 shots. I think I paid out of pocket, but I had a supply. Just have to pop the needles off. I wash and use them over.

For single doses at this point (4.5 ml), I use the 3 ml syringe and draw 2 ml two times (note that I stick with the 2 for simplicity). Then I get the 1 ml syringe to get the detail dose at .5 for now. The 1 ml syringe has 100 lines, so it is simple to pull the tedious amount and also to reduce as I taper.

This is the point where I add the water in the measuring cup so that the dose is larger, and I can easily pour one quarter cup for each of four daily doses. I've moved doses around, but four times per day seems to work best for me and is easy to understand and measure. I take the Xanax at 7 and 11 both a.m. and p.m.

Note that as I go down I have a little more left over (not much now) and just wash that out after making my two day mix.

The medication stays suspended, but I do stir or swirl a little when first mixing.

While it sounds complicated, it takes me maybe five minutes to mix and measure out doses for two days.

Hope that helps.

I've felt much better on a liquid taper than dry cutting pills. Some days are pretty rough but bearable. Today is a very good day after getting ten hours of sleep which I thought would never happen - ever.

You really can do this. I was in benzo fog and totally confused when I started. Builder and a couple of others helped me work out details.

All the best, LA

Hi. Thanks for your reply!

Still having trouble with a DLMT plan, and I have 2 weeks to figure this out. I don't want to make multi day batches.

I want to make daily batches with more liquid volume so I can better measure the reduction. Does that make sense?

If I use:

1mgK plus 2ml vodka and 98ml of water I would have a more dilute solution, but the reduction per day would be easier to measure. Say, .5ml per day would equal a 200 day taper for 1mg of klonopin.

Where did you find syringes with 100 markings? All I can find are ones with 50 markings. I know that day to day measurements will average out if I use the 50 mark syringe but how is it humanly possible to make accurate measurements in the 100th of a ml, like this example from Builder?

30ml                    (3mg)

29.92ml               (2.992mg)

29.84ml              ( 2.984mg)

29.76ml              (2.976mg)

Thank you,

RW

Yes, the ratio is 1:2:8.  So in your example it would be 10mgs+20ml vodka+80ml water.  If you use the 190 proof everclear, then you can do 10mgs +10ml everclear + 90ml water.  Either way, you have 100ml liquid,  .1mg=1ml.

As for "daily procedure", its no different from any other liquid medicine.  Once you make your batch of liquid, its just like something you would get at the pharmacy.  So you just measure out the "prescribed" dose (per you prepared schedule) and take it.  Only instead of measuring it with TSP or a dropper, you measure with a syringe(s).

If you want to divide it into 3 doses, the easiest thing is put the full days dose in a standard measuring cup, then add enough water to make 1 full cup, and drink 1/3 cup for each dose.

Ouch. That makes my head hurt. Just kidding.

If you plan to do this daily, then my mind goes to subtraction.

I'd mix up the 1:2:8 for the day, and then I'd subtract out the tiny amounts each day with the 1 ml syringe. Even with fifty marks instead of one hundred, it would be pretty easy to do very small cuts each day. Then just throw away the ever so slightly larger amount each day that you remove from the daily dose.

Once you take out the small amount to reduce daily (or however fast you want or can taper), you have a little bit of liquid for the day. You can put that in a regular one cup measuring cup and add liquid to one cup. Then you pour 1/4 cup for four doses per day or any way you want to divide.

I'd have trouble measuring out doses from a big amount, so it's easier to have the small concentrated mix and then use the little syringe to draw. Then, it's just add liquid like cooking and divide with the amount being enough that a little variation is not a big deal, since the actual solution was small with tiny reductions made with that 1 ml syringe.

Hope that makes sense, It took me a bit to see what I was doing that would work for me. It's really hard in a benzo fog, but the way I'm doing it is easy. With the small batches, I know I can't be too far off, and the actual reduction is not hard with the starter small amount of actual medicine in vodka/water.

Hi again.

What would be a good starting point for the daily reduction? For 1 mg of klonopin. I know it all depends on the individual but i'm not sure where to start.

.03ml

.04ml

.05ml

?

Anyone trying to get off of 1mg of K? What's your current reduction rate. If I wanted to do 5% reduction every 2 weeks, what number of ml's would I start with?

Builder or anyone, could you help me out with the math?

RW

What are the rules on linking to YT videos? I found one that not only explains in detail how to dilute the medication, but also includes an Excel file (actually Google docs) that does all the math for you.