Sore Tongue and Metallic taste in mouth??

[Iw...]

I’m 11 days post Klonipin....And I was wondering if anyone experienced the sore tongue and Metallic taste in the mouth. I’m just starting to experience that today and this evening it’s really strong. It’s almost like I sucked on a lemon and my tongue is raw but I also have a metallic taste it’s so weird

Did you experience it at all? How long did it last for you? I looked at the Ashton Manual Symptoms List and it’s not on there....

[ba...]
I've had this on and off in varying degrees of severity the whole way through, I'm 16 months off and it still comes when I'm in a wave. Nasty sx but nothing to worry about imo.

Oh yes, I had it really bad at the beginning of the withdrawal. It was so bad that my doctor even ordered an MRI (it was fine).

At first, the taste was more debilitating, but then the soreness became so unbearable I couldn't eat.

It returns during waves.

I also experienced this in the first few months, but not now.

Ashtons:

Many people complain of a metallic taste in the mouth and several notice strange, unpleasant, smells which seem to emanate from the body. These sensations, including an unpleasant smell (which usually no-one else can detect) have been described in anxiety states in the absence of benzodiazepines. Like insomnia and panics, they are probably reflections of heightened activity in the central nervous system. Such hypervigilance is part of the normal fear and flight response which is damped down by benzodiazepines but undergoes a rebound during withdrawal.

I'd it for almost 2 months after jumping. It was severe when I eat something. However it gradually went away. Dont worry it happens in acute.

I had the metallic taste. It's awful. It lasted about a week. My taste buds still seem a little off. I don't like the taste of some foods I used to love. That is improving as my doses get lower. I hope this resolves quickly for you. It seems a lot of people do get this symptom, but it does resolve thankfully.

Translator thank you for that quotation from the Ashton Manual; I couldn’t find it. I can’t really be on my phone scrolling around a lot as I find it makes my DR and dizziness worse. So thank you!!

And thanks for everyone else who has replied and shared theirs... I am looking forward to this resolving but now I know I don’t need to worry. At first, I sort of was panicking about it but now I know it’s just another symptom of healing :)

[17...]

For about two months after I jumped, my teeth and gums hurt, everything smelled wrong, and it tasted as though I had a mouthful of nickels.  :sick:

All back to normal now!