Help with crossover to Valium from Ativan .375 4 times a day (1.5mg/day)

[Mo...]

Hi y’all,

So I just had my appointment with psychiatrist about crossover to Valium.  I showed him the Ashton method and he was sort of open to it but instead reduced my 4 x .375 doses to 4 x .25 and added 4 mg Valium to be taken in the morning, rationalizing it will tide me over for the day.  I’m almost positive this won’t prove effective but I’m going along with it, i want to be cooperative so my disability benefits aren’t jeopardized. I requested an appointment in a week and if I’m worse off I will plug at him with the Ashton protocol again.

Would anyone please  be able to help with what a crossover schedule would be at my crazy ass doses?  I’m mathematically challenged and not able to figure it out.  I would like to have something to show him so he won’t have to do any calculations, just sign off on it.  I’m determined to do this the right way.

Thank you all in advance, this is harder than pulling teeth.

Monkey,

How are you getting your dose to .375 mg 4 x a day?  I am assuming you taking a .5 mg pill and cutting it into 4 pieces while taking 3 of the 4 to make .375 mg.  If this is not how you are doing it, how are you getting to .375 mg of ativan?

Once we get this information, we may be able to come up with a plan that just might work for you.  Send me a PM with more info.

• 1 month later...
No one is helping me either! I'm trying to figure out how to get down from 2 mg Ativan with a Valium crossover. So far I have gotten zero replies...crickets.

Hi there No More,

I'm sorry you're not getting any assistance with your crossover.  I did a forced crossover by my doctor and while it's not the Ashton method it seems to be working albeit a bit tough at times.

Are you familiar with the Ashton Method?  Look it up and you will see examples of crossover schedules.  I can't type any more right now but feel free to PM me and i'll try and help steer you in the right direction of someone more knowledgeable than me. 

Take care - keep on, it gets better.

Cheers :-)