Ten months off CT And healing gradually

[fr...]

Ten months off on easter saturday and it’s been a somewhat slow process with lots of ups and downs but after being on pills for over thirty years it can be expected ; My healing has been slow but it is happening a little bit every day and at this stage i would say i am about 70% healed and although i’m not having any bad waves i’m not having great windows either but that’s ok i don’t really want to be on a high and would rather learn more about coping with everyday life without any drug or alcohol as this is something i haven’t known when medicated for to many years; When i started taking pills they were prescribed to me by a doctor for panic attacks and anxiety,I remember the doc asking me did i drink much but i told him a lie on that one as i was drinking every night and heavy at the weekends; Take three times daily or as needed was written on the box of blue colored 10mg roche(valium)i took as instructed sometimes less sometimes more and often take any for a week; I Reached tolerance about eighteen months ago and wasn’t able to sleep if i took a pill a hour before bedtime i would only sleep for about one hour then i was wide awake and i knew if i kept talking the amount of pills i needed to function it would kill me so CT was my only option and that’s the way i done it;The first month was hard no sleep forcing myself to eat losing weight,shaking,burning,nausea,fear,tinnitus and lots more,all these symptoms got manageable and some went only to be replaced by other symptoms this is the nature of withdrawal so i say to you don’t be afraid everything will heal and you will have a life beyond your wildest dreams ,To finish off this piece and i have probably forgotten somethings but i’m well today and able to do the things i thought i would never be able to do again and could never done it without the help of these groups where i got a vast amount of information which i used; I’ll just finish on this i spent a bit of money on supplements in the beginning which made me worse so there’s no quick fix only time will heal:

Frank,

Congratulations.  Thank you for posting this.  I often worry about my forced CT healing.  I’m happy for you.

SaraSue  :smitten: