Glutathione - helpful or harmful

[Mo...]

I ma off benzos for 18 months, but went into acute 9 months ago after taking Fluconazole.

I am reacting to most supplements including vitamin C  (Even in food form).  My doctor has suggested me to try only the Glutathione supplement.

Would like to hear from people who tried it and whether it was helpful in recovery or harmful?

Also what form did you try and how much?  Has anyone tried liposomal form ? Anyone tried IV?

If you react on every supplement I would bet you will react on glutathione. Its a strong detoxing helper and if your body isnt ready to detox it can be harmful. I would not take anything that is not a proven lack (blood test) - you are early in recovery...

I hate it when people just tell us "this is good for..." because the processes of our body are complex. You take glutathione because its good, but if you lack in the basic minerals it cannot work. Its a complicated thing to take supplements in a correct way.

If you react on every supplement I would bet you will react on glutathione. Its a strong detoxing helper and if your body isnt ready to detox it can be harmful. I would not take anything that is not a proven lack (blood test) - you are early in recovery...

Thank you so much for responding.

How can we test for Glutathione? Is there a blood test specifically for that?

Is being 18 months off still early in recovery, though technically I would say 9 months off after the acute on taking Fluconazole. On average when do people stop reacting to supplements? Though I know each one is different and each one have their ow genetic make up.

Is being 18 months off still early in recovery, though technically I would say 9 months off after the acute on taking Fluconazole. On average when do people stop reacting to supplements? Though I know each one is different and each one have their ow genetic make up.

Fluconazole can harm the gut as well. I would focus on a really healthy diet and if you want to gt tested, get a blood test for minerals out of "full blood" (not on the daily basis), so you know which food you need to fill the lacks. Glutathione is not for the beginners, you need minerals to detox first. You are early in recovery, give your system more time to adjust.

Fluconazole can harm the gut as well. I would focus on a really healthy diet and if you want to gt tested, get a blood test for minerals out of "full blood" (not on the daily basis), so you know which food you need to fill the lacks. Glutathione is not for the beginners, you need minerals to detox first. You are early in recovery, give your system more time to adjust.

Thank you. Do you know what that test is called? Do Quest or Labcorp offer this test?

A friend gave me Quicksilver brand Liposomal Glutathione to try to see if it agrees with me, to start with just 1 spray in the mouth.

Thank you. Do you know what that test is called? Do Quest or Labcorp offer this test?

A friend gave me Quicksilver brand Liposomal Glutathione to try to see if it agrees with me, to start with just 1 spray in the mouth.

I am in Germany so you need to find out the possibility in your country. I know that these tests are common in Canada and the U.S. so it should not be a problem. I would not take glutathione.