Hypersomnia?

[Mr...]

I'm on my sixth week tapering down from 3.75mg of Valium. The first couple weeks I didn't notice much. The next few weeks I had choppy/little sleep and frequently felt "wired but tired." Now since Friday I have been sleeping soooooo much, and it's freaking me out. I'll sleep 9-12 hours at night and then 2-4 more hours during the day. I am feeling disoriented and feel like all I do is eat and sleep.

Is this related to withdrawal? I've mostly seen talk of sleeping too little not sleeping too much.

My current dose of Xanax is comparable to where you are on the V and I have also been dealing with extreme fatigue for the past couple of weeks. It's hard but I'd personally rather be tired than unable to sleep.

My current dose of Xanax is comparable to where you are on the V and I have also been dealing with extreme fatigue for the past couple of weeks. It's hard but I'd personally rather be tired than unable to sleep.

Ditto......I would give anything to sleep a solid 8 hours each night. Most ppl can not sleep during this withdrawal nightmare. I got maybe 3.5 hours last night at best.  :'(

Mr,

I love sleep and would love to sleep that much!  Broken sleep is so bad.  No sleep or lots of sleep BWD symptoms.

We are healing.

SaraSue  :smitten:

Hey, Mr Swan,

I oversleep since stopping Valium, and it freaked me out, too.  I tell myself it's assisting with healing.  :)

I know that insomnia is probably worse, but it's not good, refreshing sleep, as I still wake fatigued. 

Dee

Thanks for your responses. My situation is complicated because I have a chronic illness that wreaks havoc on my body on the best of days. Some stuff I am experiencing like the hypersomnia is clearly out of the norm for me so I try to reassure myself that it's WD and not a worsening of my condition.

The hypersomnia has been better the past few days, but I am still feeling generally awful (exhausted, irritable, brain fog) outside the range of my normal awful.

I feel exactly the same Mr Swan, and I put it down to withdrawal.

Outside of this I've thought depression.  A means of avoiding this nightmare.

Apparently, depression can can produce this effect. 

Dee

I definitely had hypersomnia as a withdrawal symptom. Before starting my taper, I was terrified I wouldn't be able to sleep. It ended up being the opposite for a while....all I wanted to do was sleep.