Hello to all

[Hu...]

Hi Huley :hug: and Welcome to Benzobuddies

We are glad you found us, sorry you are having a rough time. Well done on starting your taper, we  can help you with support and withdrawal information.  In general it’s advised to cut your daily dose by between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days.  This is depending on how you feel.  If symptoms get too much then you might decide to cut less, the goal is to remain as functional as possible whilst moving forwards. 

Check out the Ashton Manual, It’s great for understanding the effect benzodiazepines have on our body.  It also provides tapering and withdrawal information.  You will find some valuable support and info on the forum.  Please feel free to browse the boards and post questions to any of the dedicated threads.

I will leave a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Withdrawal Support

General Taper Plans

You might wish to post to the this support group, 

Klonopin Klub  members will be happy to share their experience and offer advice. 

When you can, please add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

I am currently on klonopin taper and having a tough time.  Looking for advice and help.

Hi Huley; welcome to BB. You're in the right place for those things and so much more.

I talk this place up to anyone I'm discussing this journey with; I instantly felt better once I realized there are so many here going through the same thing and they really understand what you're going through. My significant other is very supportive and understanding, but these are the folks who help me keep it together when I feel like I'm falling apart. You don't even have to interact; just reading posts helps me find peace in the chaos.

My best advice is, if you're able, execute a slow, self-paced taper. Don't be afraid to hold until you feel more stable. Sure, there are guidelines for tapering, but don't be afraid to move at your own pace. I took 13 months to get from 1.5mg/day k to .125mg/day, then just felt the urge to jump and did. I feel, although it was still very difficult, it helped me transition to withdrawal more smoothly than others.

It WILL get better and you WILL make it through this. I know I'm saying this at 22 months out, but where I am now is just LEAPS and BOUNDS above where I was.  :thumbsup:

Nice to meet you; hang in there!