how to withdraw

[...]

I have been on clonazepam and zopiclone after I took had cipro (antibiotic) toxicity almost 7 years ago.

I need to get off these drugs. I like to know how to taper down from clonazepam first. I am taking .05 mg daily

Please if you can help let me know.

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!  We are glad you decided to join us.  You'll find a lot of support and information on this forum, which is the only one of its kind online.

For those starting a taper, we generally recommend starting out at a rate of 5 to 10% every 10-14 days, then adjusting the taper to suit your own needs.  Note: very short term users may be able to taper faster.

Withdrawal symptoms, which vary widely but commonly include anxiety and insomnia, often occur during a taper, but these are temporary and will get better in time.  In general, first tapers are easier, but cold turkeys or multiple withdrawals may be more severe and longer lasting.  Here are a few links to get you started:

The Ashton Manual, a concise reference for tapering and symptom issues.  Chapter III contains excellent descriptions of common symptoms such as muscle issues, anxiety, and hyper-awareness

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Once again, welcome!

Thank you but I have no idea where to find it. Any suggestions

If you look near the upper left hand corner, you'll see Home, Help, Search... Click on Search and put in the topic you'd like to look up, and it will search and display relevant posts for you to read.  :)

Jmhp,

Welcome.  I don’t know about genetics testing; however, I have read posts here about it.  It took me a while to find the search feature, it’s very helpful.

SaraSue  :smitten:

Thanks SaraSue

I see you were floxed too, I was floxed 7 years ago.

How did you manage and did you recover?

Thanks

I was left with Peripheral Nueropathy which has never gone away.  I believe Xanax helped me survive much of the pain.  I’m feeling it now and trying to live with it through withdrawal.

Withdrawal has been brutal for me.

SaraSue  :smitten:

Anne,

I agree that the liquid taper is easier than cutting pills and that's the way I went.  Also, according to those who know, it's much more accurate.

Check out these links; they were life savers for me to begin my daily liquid micro taper.  Just fill in the parameters and the plan will figure everything for you.

I am doing it with milk and I'm not savvy enough to explain what drugs do better with a different liquid.  Check out the titration taper plans thread for assistance and lots of information about that.  I'll be happy to help you with what I can.

http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/titration/titrationForm.php

http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/titration/titrationHelp.htm?help=Readme+First

Best wishes on this new journey ...

I do have symptoms but since on the DLMT, they're not as bad as in the beginning when I didn't know what I was doing.  It was horrible.

So, you are only taking .05 of clonazepam one time a day, right?

What size are the pills, 1 mg or .05?

On the one link I posted, you would just following the help information and on the other link, fill in all the information and hit submit.  It will give you a plan.  I will tell you there is a glitch in the plan and sometimes when only submitted once, it will give you incorrect information but if you back page and try again, it works.

As I mentioned, I use milk and I'm not well-versed in this department to know if it works for your benzo. 

You have to decide how much you want to make in the liquid ahead of time, how quickly to reduce (I chose 5% every 14 days).  You can chose to take two doses a day if you're only taking one.  Play around with the plan and then see what you think. 

From what I read, if you can hold and not be too uncomfortable, that's the best way to go but if you can't you can updose.

Since clonazepam has a long half life (30 to 40 hours), I think one dose would work fine but if it doesn't, you can always change it to more doses. 

You just have to listen to your body and see what works for you.

I did answer your question on reply #18 about taking more than one dose of your benzo. It's up to you but with the long half-life, one dose would probably be sufficient.  I have put in numbers in the plan and your one dose will be liquid and tablet combined as it is always recommended to switch as little as possible over to liquid to start with. Some people have issues switching to liquid, so this is in hope of mitigating possible effects.

I wasn't sure what numbers to put in for you in all regards, but here is what I did. 

Medication: Name: Clonazepam - Tablet size: 0.5 mg - Planned quit dose: 0.025 mg/day - Suggested quit dose: 0.025 mg/day

Liquid solution: Number of tablets: 10 - Volume of liquid: 50 ml - Concentration: 0.10 mg/ml

Daily doses: Dose 1: 0.375 mg - Dose 2: 0 mg - Dose 3: 0 mg - Dose 4: 0 mg - Dose 5: 0 mg - Dose 6: 0 mg

Planned reduction: Start date: 06.05.2019 - Reduction percent: (N/A) % - Reduction quantity: 0.02 mg - Period: 14 days - Reduction order: First doses first - Combine with tablets: Yes - Attenuated ending: No

I can't figure out how to post the results of the plan, so I hope the above will help you in putting in the numbers to reveal your plan.  It ends up to be 245 days so when you enter the information, be sure it says that at the bottom due to a sometimes glitch in the system. It usually has to be submitted twice for it to figure it correctly.

If someone comes along and knows how to enter the actually plan here, please let me know and I'll do it for her.

Thanks.

I don't know about your benzo if you should use another form of titration or not.  I'm told benzos don't dissolve well in just water and a lot of people use vodka and water or propylene glycol.  As far as milk goes, it's working for me, but I don't know about your drug.

Please post your questions on the Titration Taper Plans section of the forum as with this being in the introductions, it might not be seen enough for the really knowledgeable people to help you.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=62.0

I don't want to steer you wrong and hoped that the plan I use would help you, too.  But, as far as all the scientific, per se, details, I'm just not sure.

I do use a 1 ml and a 10 ml syringe and a 100 ml graduated cylinder to measure the milk.

Hello,

Can any body help me find out if I can taper from clonazepam and zopiclone at the same time?

I do not know where to ask this question and need help please

Thanks

Anne

As I've learned from benzobuddies, it's not wise to taper two at the same time.  I told my doctor that I was going to taper my anti-depressant and he said not to until I was through with the benzo taper.  I assured him I wasn't planning on it.