Feels hard to breathe through nose, like nostrils are closing up or swelling?

[Sm...]

Hi, I'm just wondering if any others have this sensation or feeling like it's very difficult to breathe?  It's a feeling that comes and goes, like my nostrils are closing up or something.  It's similar to a feeling that I used to have when in humid climates.  My nose isn't stuffed or congested.  Would just like to know that I'm not alone hopefully and that this is symptom of withdrawal.

Smitten,

My nose has been stuffy for 4 months since CT.  I can’t breathe without my mouth open.  No problems before CT.  I call it withdrawal.

SaraSue  :smitten:

Smitten,

My nose has been stuffy for 4 months since CT.  I can’t breathe without my mouth open.  No problems before CT.  I call it withdrawal.

Thanks Sara, but my nose isn't stuffy, as it doesn't drip, which is why it worries me. 

Hi, I'm just wondering if any others have this sensation or feeling like it's very difficult to breathe?  It's a feeling that comes and goes, like my nostrils are closing up or something.  It's similar to a feeling that I used to have when in humid climates.  My nose isn't stuffed or congested.  Would just like to know that I'm not alone hopefully and that this is symptom of withdrawal.

Yes. IMO, it is all sensory nerve related. It’s not that we aren’t actually breathing in enough oxygen, it’s just that we lack the usual relaxation response that a person with a normal amount of GABA produces. That little feeling that makes us feel relaxed or satisfied after a deep breath is definitely GABA related if u ask me. These neurotransmitters r essential in SO many different  functions that it affects things we would have never even gave thought to. Every time I had my O2 sat checked I was completely fine. Good news though, I’m in month 7 from a CT, & month 5 from a rescue dose & this has completely subsided for me. I struggled with this for awhile, probably the better half of a year.  After I started doing cardio regularly again, basically all my breathing abilities & sensations have completely returned to how they were b4 benzo’s. It certainly didn’t happen overnight, & has taken a couple month’s to notice some significant changes. At one point, even a shower would make me feel like I had difficulty breathing, but it’s all gone away & even in times of high stress hasn’t returned.

Sensi,

Happy to know it has subsided for you.  I’m looking forward to breathing (or feel like) breathing normal again.  I think so many withdrawal sxs are perceptions.