Fear of death and dying

[6a...]

[6a...]
I cant stop this negative thought about death and dying. I fear for my life that I will die from this. I have a very negative attitude. I cant stay positive anymore. It is pitch black. How to do to change attitude and stop this crazy fear?

[6a...]

Same. I wish I knew. Benzo wd is cruel.

If I only could stop listen to these benzo lies...keep feeding me with terror and fear. Today is extreme. It feels like my brain is gonna have a stroke or seizure

Absolutely sucks. It's as if I have no future. Have to keep reminding myself it's just PAWS talking. Sometimes it helps, sometimes not.

[6a...]

Absolutely sucks. It's as if I have no future. Have to keep reminding myself it's just PAWS talking. Sometimes it helps, sometimes not.

I like your quote sometimes I...

Yes it is hard. Intrusive thoughts in a loop. Always negative. I feel like you no future...not even a tomorrow

I like your quote sometimes I...

Yes it is hard. Intrusive thoughts in a loop. Always negative. I feel like you no future...not even a tomorrow

There's a quote from a book on Prozac that keeps coming back to me, where the author describes how rough recovery is... (paraphrasing) "it's as if you have just broken your leg and while knowing that you have just done so, also knowing that you have to walk to the doctor to get it fixed- the very thing you're suffering from is also hindering your recovery."

there is Light at the end of the tunnel. Just know that people make it back to themselves eventually. I have gotten so much better. I you will to it is just slow.

For me the key was not to fight these thoughts and instead accept they would be with me "forever", like surrendering.. I had them for such a long time that I at one point decided I would continue with my life even while having them in my brain 24/7.

Could this be something you could do?

• 2 weeks later...

Remember to step outside your inner thoughts as an obsever. The observer may be able to recognize there are less real external threats than your emotions feel.  I've had dark thoughts on dying alone during withdrawls. They are so terrible when they come, but like panic they will pass. Sometimes distractions can help while getting through periods. Or maybe hugging a pet or loved one. Embrace those if helpful.

I hope you get through this with better days ahead. Follow the sundial's way and count the sunny days.

When this was at its worst I would literally try my hardest to fight it & the only thing that seemed to sort of help was walking. I would seriously just go walk until I felt it ease up just enough to not feel like I thought I was having a stroke. Sometimes I’d walk 5 or 6 miles without even realizing it. In the depths of wd it barely helped & several times I ended up going to the ER. That feeling like u just know that any second ur going to keel over & die & there’s nothing anyone can say or do to convince u otherwise. Although, it eventually started to help. It would initially take a few hrs to get to the point where I would just wear myself out so bad I would have to lay down, then only an hr, then a half hr & so forth until it haven’t had that feeling of deep terror for several month’s now. Even in a wave I don’t resort back to that feeling. I’m sooo grateful this went away. That was honestly one of the cruelest most horrendous things I’ve ever gone through. Convinced every day for month’s that it’s your last. I’m doing everything I possibly can in my power to keep it away as well. I hope this gets better for u, nobody should ever have to feel that amount & level of fear for that long. All the best in healing.