What is waking up me at 4am every morning being nervous to late afternoon!

[Le...]

Get a cortisol saliva test done. You can get them online from various labs, do the test at home and post it back to the lab.  The waking could be a cortisol surge.

Get a cortisol saliva test done. You can get them online from various labs, do the test at home and post it back to the lab.  The waking could be a cortisol surge.

And if it is? Because before Month I have blood test for morning cortisol and wqs high.

Look into adrenal support but not sure if you can take it.

Before WD I used to take Dr Wilson’s Dynamite Adrenal.

Also you could just try D-Ribose. That might be ok.

Try 1/2 nut butter sandwich and 1 glass of good OJ at bedtime. each night, some here on BB did that and felt better. I do not have names, sorry, been awhile since I read it. It would be better than taking medication for cortisol surges. Just a thought. You could do a Google search about it. Best wishes for recovery. 💖Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Try 1/2 nut butter sandwich and 1 glass of good OJ at bedtime. each night, some here on BB did that and felt better. I do not have names, sorry, been awhile since I read it. It would be better than taking medication for cortisol surges. Just a thought. You could do a Google search about it. Best wishes for recovery. 💖Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Eating something before bed helps me too.

Offtopic: That's a lot of posts you have made on this forum, over 22,000  :o

i just got into a severe setback for some reason and the last 10 days i have been waking up promptly and abruptly at 4am with horrible stomach pains and a horrible wave and it's just tortuous. i hope it ends soon so i can have some sleep past 4am because i just lay there afterward for hours before i can fall asleep again after 8am./ i need my sleep.

sorry you're going through this too. orange juice with a tiny bit of sea salt is good to sip when you wake up and could help you fall back asleep. i also use to have some orange juice and an bayer aspirin which did wonders in helping me fall back asleep fast.

i just got into a severe setback for some reason and the last 10 days i have been waking up promptly and abruptly at 4am with horrible stomach pains and a horrible wave and it's just tortuous. i hope it ends soon so i can have some sleep past 4am because i just lay there afterward for hours before i can fall asleep again after 8am./ i need my sleep.

sorry you're going through this too. orange juice with a tiny bit of sea salt is good to sip when you wake up and could help you fall back asleep. i also use to have some orange juice and an bayer aspirin which did wonders in helping me fall back asleep fast.

Thanks buddy! Me too, its waking me up at 4a.m then I am nervous and can't sleep anymore but still I am laying in my bed..... after 8a.m. I can back to falling asleep too but I have to stand up. Usually I have pains on my muscles like stiffness or rigidity. That's I guess Cortisol rushes!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks buddy! Me too, its waking me up at 4a.m then I am nervous and can't sleep anymore but still I am laying in my bed..... after 8a.m. I can back to falling asleep too but I have to stand up. Usually I have pains on my muscles like stiffness or rigidity. That's I guess Cortisol rushes!

the symptom of waking up at 4am with horrible stomach pains lasted about 14 days and is now subsiding although other symptoms have taken it's place. but just know that this symptom will go away. it's just another wave. it's so odd how these symptoms do just lift which is good. not good when other symptoms come on board though. i am finally sleeping pretty well now. i also have some dark chocolate by my bedside which is also supposed to help with sleep.