Anxiety is back with avengance, support needed ...

[No...]

I've been off Valium for almost 7 weeks and thought I was doing well until yesterday. I went for a run with hubby, couldn't get my breathing right and ended up having a panic attack, in tears and in a right mess 🙁

I've felt anxious since with tight throat and chest. What is going on? Is it me still adjusting? Thanks.

N,

I’ve been through this a number of times. These things come out of the blue, sometimes with reason (you’ve over-stretched yourself etc) and sometimes without reason (typical ‘wave’). Keep doing what you have been doing to help your recovery and I’m sure that things will become more stable. Don’t forget though that windows and waves are the way ahead so you will slip back at times.

When I have a setback I just remember that for the symptoms I have there is no pill to fix them so I’d better get on with fixing them myself. And I remind myself that I am one day closer to being recovered.

Hope you are feeling better already.

G

N,

I’ve been through this a number of times. These things come out of the blue, sometimes with reason (you’ve over-stretched yourself etc) and sometimes without reason (typical ‘wave’). Keep doing what you have been doing to help your recovery and I’m sure that things will become more stable. Don’t forget though that windows and waves are the way ahead so you will slip back at times.

When I have a setback I just remember that for the symptoms I have there is no pill to fix them so I’d better get on with fixing them myself. And I remind myself that I am one day closer to being recovered.

G

Thanks for your response G. That does make sense. Much appreciated  :smitten:

N,

G

Thanks for your response G. That does make sense. Much appreciated  :smitten:

N,

You are welcome. Makes it sound like I’m in total control doesn’t it? I’m not. On my good days I feel like I’ve beaten this damn thing and I want to tell everyone how to do it. On my bad days I question everything that I’ve been doing and start to (usually) mis-diagnose what has made it go wrong (too much sun, too much exercise, not enough exercise etc).

Today has been a pretty crap day. I woke up anxious at 0500. Some days I do and some days I don’t. I did some breathing and slept fitfully for a couple of hours, waking and feeling the anxiety. Then I went for a long walk and had dizziness on the left hand side of my head. Then at 1400 it cleared and I began to feel nauseous. That lasted a couple of hours. Now that’s gone and I have a residual headache. Buts it’s all ‘recovery’ and I just have to live with it. I’ll never take any more pills and there’s no pill for this mish-mash of symptoms anyway.

But some days it’s okay. Only 10 days ago I was writing that everything was way better and that this agony was coming to an end. Well, of course, it may well be. But probably I just got over-excited with the good times as I get devastated by the bad times.

This is very hard. With the right support it can be done. We can do it.

G

Sorry to hear you're finding things tough G. Thank goodness for this forum. Yes it is hard. I take things a day at a time, enjoy the good days, feel like hibernating on the bad ones, such as today. I still went out to work, though I wanted to hide away.

I hope my feelings of anxiety pass soon. When I feel this bad I want a Valium to calm me down. I won't of course, I have none as I got rid of them when I jumped. I know I'm better off now, I need another healthier way to deal with anxiety. Hence I exercise and try listening to music to relax.

I hope you feel better in the coming days  :)