right ear feels shut? freaking out

[Ri...]

Suddenly my right ear is like clogged, I feel tightness in that side of my head and feel a bit disoriented. Has anyone else had this? my hearing is affected and its freaking me out. I've tried to pop it by yawning but it does nothing.

Hi,

The symptoms you describe are normal, and they are just a few of the many head symptoms I and many others had during withdrawal.  Eustachian tube symptoms plagued me for awhile, as did far scarier things such as brain zaps, visual problems and severe cog fog.  These are nothing to be afraid of, though, and will go away as you heal.

It seems to be normal.  I had the same thing in my right ear and it was uncomfortable, but it gets better.  Still have ringing and clicking noises and sometimes, it feels clogged again, too.

Suddenly my right ear is like clogged, I feel tightness in that side of my head and feel a bit disoriented. Has anyone else had this? my hearing is affected and its freaking me out. I've tried to pop it by yawning but it does nothing.

Yep I'm experiencing the same exact symptom in my right ear however its been on and off for 10 months, I hope to God that it goes away

soon, I posted about this problem many months ago now and I never received a response I thought I was the only one that had this problem

I feel a little better to know that this is a symptom of withdrawal and that it will go away in time ?

I've had something like this also. For years I developed a mild clogged feeling with slight loss of hearing in my right ear so that

I had to use my left ear on the phone. It suddenly got much worse a few years ago when I woke up with an attack of blaring loud tinnitus

in the right ear and at least 75% hearing loss in that ear. The left ear developed a piecing high pitch tinnitus and both ears developed

bad hyperacusis. The right ear hearing loss attacks would happen randomly and last up to a day. I saw 2 ent doctors, 2 neuro-otologist's

and a neurologist and had many scans & tests that didn't show anything. The basic hearing test did show hearing loss in the right ear though.

Since I had been reading online about benzo's and ear problems, I asked each of those doctors if it could be long term benzo related

but they all said absolutely not.  I started the tapering nightmare anyway since they didn't have any other answers.

It looks like they were all wrong because it all gradually got better over a year throughout the taper. There are no more hearing loss attacks

or clogging or severe high pitch ringing or hyperacusis and normal hearing has returned so I can use the phone again with my right ear now.

Both of my ears have felt plugged up for 2.5 months.  The left one is worse.  No problems before BWD.  Normal withdrawal sxs.

SaraSue  :smitten: