Want to fell calmness happiness joy, just like it was before benzo.

[Yu...]

Healed folks tell me if it possible to feel joy calm happiness. I forget about these feelings. I want be like that. Please. Dony lie me if recovery possible. I have wonderfull life but i cant feel happiness. Please.

Very glad you describe your life as "wonderful." That's a great first step to reclaiming your joy, and happiness.  Congratulations on your successful progress on this journey. :)

I've noticed that the longer I'm off the meds, the more I've begun to laugh. Been 8 months off Ashton taper.  Not symptom free, but waves less often, less intense, shorter duration.

Like many things, happiness returns naturally, but it takes time. I make a point to watch clips from TV or movies that I know made me laugh before I had wd. I watch personal videos like our foster kittens playing in a paper bag. It changes my outlook, and gets the memory kicking in. I do the same with hobbies, working on a project a little at a time.

Try to help set yourself up for success. May be you could try a similar approach. Don't push too hard or expect too much. Many people, myself included, can get over stimulated easily. Go slowly.

Not being able to experience joy is part of a problem called anhedonia. Due to chemical changes in the brain from wd, it literally dampens the pleasure centers. The restoration of brain chemicals takes time. That's why so many people complain of little to no sex drive or pleasure with sex. Dopamine is responsible for pleasure, and relaxation. The dopamine works on several parts of the brain that collectively are called the pleasure center. It includes the thinking part (prefrontal cortex). This is the area we can help guide the most.

Hang in there. Your desire to get well is key. You'll recover.

Very glad you describe your life as "wonderful." That's a great first step to reclaiming your joy, and happiness.  Congratulations on your successful progress on this journey. :)

I've noticed that the longer I'm off the meds, the more I've begun to laugh. Been 8 months off Ashton taper.  Not symptom free, but waves less often, less intense, shorter duration.

Like many things, happiness returns naturally, but it takes time. I make a point to watch clips from TV or movies that I know made me laugh before I had wd. I watch personal videos like our foster kittens playing in a paper bag. It changes my outlook, and gets the memory kicking in. I do the same with hobbies, working on a project a little at a time.

Try to help set yourself up for success. May be you could try a similar approach. Don't push too hard or expect too much. Many people, myself included, can get over stimulated easily. Go slowly.

Not being able to experience joy is part of a problem called anhedonia. Due to chemical changes in the brain from wd, it literally dampens the pleasure centers. The restoration of brain chemicals takes time. That's why so many people complain of little to no sex drive or pleasure with sex. Dopamine is responsible for pleasure, and relaxation. The dopamine works on several parts of the brain that collectively are called the pleasure center. It includes the thinking part (prefrontal cortex). This is the area we can help guide the most.

Hang in there. Your desire to get well is key. You'll recover.

Thank you! Just need reassurance every day. I use to love gym and now i am back from gym. Because time goes on and i am everyday depressed i think that this will never end.

You said you have a wonderful life but cannot feel happiness. What about being thankful? Sometimes this opens the door for a little bit of feeling happy. Happiness starts with little things, its not the idea of everything is fine and I am happy all the time. For me it started slowly and I was surprised first like "oh, did I feel joy?!" just for a second... I even remember the first time after withdrawal when I had to lough so hard that my belly hurt (because my dog made me lough), you know, the kind of laughter like kids do. this was awesome. It takes time. If your life is wonderful, that means it is waiting for you - thats really nice and means you will have a lot to enjoy and celebrate! :smitten: