WOW! Who can relate?

[Fr...]

It's not a terribly long article, but this is my experience completely! I'm glad and also terrified K is my last drug to come off of.

I thought I would share an uplifting story. I could totally relate to it. Maybe others can as well.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/04/08/the-challenge-of-going-off-psychiatric-drugs?fbclid=IwAR1ZSTGHAPyy2zf4rkZbmlICANk-P8eDO2tKCQ6MU5-0LN58WharI7TKYIQ

Wow. What an amazing read. Thanks for sharing. I felt heard while reading this.

Spoke to me as well. You're welcome.

;)

Wow! Thanks for sharing the article.

There's something way wrong with the system.

My new GP said I should stay on Xanax for life, and he wants to add an anti-depressant. He's only seen me twice and both times in major Xanax w/d. I'm not going to take the a/d, and I'm going to hold steady on my w/d. I know in my heart it is the thing to do.

I'm shocked at the cocktail of drugs given to Laura in the article, and I'm thankful I have only one taper.

Wow! Thanks for sharing the article.

There's something way wrong with the system.

My new GP said I should stay on Xanax for life, and he wants to add an anti-depressant. He's only seen me twice and both times in major Xanax w/d. I'm not going to take the a/d, and I'm going to hold steady on my w/d. I know in my heart it is the thing to do.

I'm shocked at the cocktail of drugs given to Laura in the article, and I'm thankful I have only one taper.

I think you're right in going slow and getting off X.

K is my only one to taper now as well but it's a beast.

I was like Laura, misdx SO many times. I wasn't on 12 meds at once but my rap sheet with SSRIs and SNRIs, tricyclics, anti-psychotic meds, sleeping meds is 4 pages 12 font print, long.

I know in my heart we are doing the right thing too. I wish you the best and an easy taper, keep going.

:thumbsup:

Thanks FreshStart!

I meant to say I'd continue on the taper rather the w/d. LOL. The w/d (symptoms) can take a hike just any old time.

There were some poly meds I took a year or maybe two years ago for maybe a year or maybe longer. That time is fuzzy. When/if it comes back, I can add that to the sig.

Coming off this stuff, I believe, is absolutely the right thing to do.

Thanks FreshStart!

I meant to say I'd continue on the taper rather the w/d. LOL. The w/d (symptoms) can take a hike just any old time.

There were some poly meds I took a year or maybe two years ago for maybe a year or maybe longer. That time is fuzzy. When/if it comes back, I can add that to the sig.

Coming off this stuff, I believe, is absolutely the right thing to do.

Yup. Take this drug to ease the side effect of that drug, and on and on. I think at most I was on 6 (but that includes Pain meds) at one time. I think years 1998 till 2017 will be a blur. Hopefully the memories will come back, but I'm making GREAT NEW ones.  ;)

We are getting better!!  :smitten: