Possible pseudotumor

[Fr...]

Went to see my neurologist on Friday and he is taking immediate action on testing for my head pressure. I will be seeing if I can take diuretics to see if it helps with the pressure. If this doesn’t their, next step is to take spinal fluid to measure my pressure.

They are diagnosing me with a pseudotumor based on my eye, ear, and head pressure. I will be posting updates and I go through further testing. I got my eyes checked and both are healthy. 🙏🏽

A pseudotumor apparently is having the same symptoms of a brain tumor but no tumor is present. 🤔

Praying that I find some relief soon and get better. 😊

Very sorry to read of your symptoms, and possible pseudo tumor diagnosis. Always frightening when things like this happen.  The good news is the doctor seems proactive, and doesn't suspect something more serious like an actual mass.

According to WebMD, a pseudo tumor is caused by an accumulation of cerebrospinal fluid.  CSF is made in the brain, travels down around the spinal cord, and returns to the brain to drain back into the veins to circulate through the heart etc. If there is a blockage of any kind, mechanical or from swelling, the drain fails.  This additional pressure mimics a tumor as it squeezes all the areas causing the symptoms you describe. The spinal tap gives direct data so you'll know if the CSF pressure is elevated.

With your doctor's proper workup, the source of why it's not draining will be uncovered. People who have chronic issues with CSF drainage are given an artificial shunt (plastic catheter) to bypass the blocked area. It is done to children who have hydrocephaly. It operates without patient intervention or monitoring.  It is a relatively straightforward correction, if you should need it.

My prayer is for you to have a rapid resolution.

I have chronic brain head and inner ear pressure dizzyness / vertigo also

and was diagnosed with blurry vision eye / optic nerve pressure [pigment dispersion syndrome / glaucoma]

- hard to believe this and many other symptoms are caused by a pill that effects central nervous system and gaba but then that controls everything doesnt it

Went to see my neurologist on Friday and he is taking immediate action on testing for my head pressure. I will be seeing if I can take diuretics to see if it helps with the pressure. If this doesn’t their, next step is to take spinal fluid to measure my pressure.

They are diagnosing me with a pseudotumor based on my eye, ear, and head pressure. I will be posting updates and I go through further testing. I got my eyes checked and both are healthy. 🙏🏽

A pseudotumor apparently is having the same symptoms of a brain tumor but no tumor is present. 🤔

Praying that I find some relief soon and get better. 😊

Freedom

So glad you are being thoroughly investigated and moreover that you are off all psych drugs as these can cause raised intracranial pressure. But your neurologist will know that and will check the effects will have long worn off.

Best wishes with your tests.

Dickie