Please tell me what your SEVERE nueropathy in feet feels like??

[Sa...]

I’m worried!!  If I have permanent nueropathy in my feet, I’m not going to make it.  How does anyone live with nueropathy??  The pain, muscle spasms, noise, etc., ??? 

I’m not sure severe or not.  I have had weird sensitive skin all ver for 8 weeks.  It seems to be getting better.  Starting acupuncture last week was first session?  It makes sense that it would work but not certain.  Hang in there it will get better?

Yes i have constant nerve pain, some days it feels like my body is on fire.

My neck, back and arms are the worst.. twitching and muscle pain too.

it’s debiltating and awful... but it will get better I’m sure!

Mine might be related partly to Lyme and the meds covered it up, so mine might get harder to treat. But if you didn’t have it pre benzos then I’m sure it’ll get better!

Warm and cold showers really help me, and cold packs. Try ice baths for your feet I guarantee it will help ☺️

DTrain,

I had some nerve damage during benzos.  Floxed in 2011 gave me nerve damage in my feet.  I never experienced what I am experiencing now, I’m concerned Xanax masked this for 7 years!!  Is that possible?

SaraSue  :smitten:

I was diagnosed with neuropathy in the last 3 toes on left foot over 2 months before I started clonazapam. I passed one nerve conductor test in early stages then failed the next two. My toes are numb and feels like someone cut the nails into the quick. I’ve been on a cane for 4 years.

Mine is in my right knee of the femur that was crushed in a car accident 40 years back , so it was a weak spot . It felt at first like burning needles stuck down in it and it was the same intensity as it was when I was in intensive care right after the wreck  . It twitches all the time too like yours . It also has hyperreflexia in it when examined which Prof Ashton spoke about in a newer paper of hers , I think the 2002 one, although the Dr completely denied that this could happen ... lol please ....  Then the pain went away . Now it is sparking again a little, it is also a little in the back of my right hand where I cut it really deep on a window pane years ago . 

I tell you , these Dr's should try all of this out for a year or 5 before they prescribe any of this class . You see drugs being taken off the market for WAY less than this . There are injured and sick people everywhere from this .

I’m worried!!  If I have permanent nueropathy in my feet, I’m not going to make it.  How does anyone live with nueropathy??  The pain, muscle spasms, noise, etc., ??? 

It’s difficult Sara, but I don’t believe it’s permanent although it feels permanent for you. Hold on, my feets are on and off with sharp pains in my feet. Just let the wave pass, if will improve one day (I hope so)....

I was diagnosed with neuropathy in the last 3 toes on left foot over 2 months before I started clonazapam. I passed one nerve conductor test in early stages then failed the next two. My toes are numb and feels like someone cut the nails into the quick. I’ve been on a cane for 4 years.

Joseph,

Yes, the nails feel as if cut into the quick!  Why the cane?  Pain?  Muscle spasms?  Weakness?

Mine is in my right knee of the femur that was crushed in a car accident 40 years back , so it was a weak spot . It felt at first like burning needles stuck down in it and it was the same intensity as it was when I was in intensive care right after the wreck  . It twitches all the time too like yours . It also has hyperreflexia in it when examined which Prof Ashton spoke about in a newer paper of hers , I think the 2002 one, although the Dr completely denied that this could happen ... lol please ....  Then the pain went away . Now it is sparking again a little, it is also a little in the back of my right hand where I cut it really deep on a window pane years ago . 

I tell you , these Dr's should try all of this out for a year or 5 before they prescribe any of this class . You see drugs being taken off the market for WAY less than this . There are injured and sick people everywhere from this .

Blue,

I agree, these doctors should try these meds before prescribing them!

Hope your nueropathy pain stays away.

• 1 month later...

Ok, neuropathy has often worse this week.  Anyone else?

I have it bad as well however I take a ground up "Leaf", for it. I wouldn't have made it thus far without it. It's gotten so bad at times that I had to reset my nerves so to speak with "Bengay/ Biofreeze", as well as do "Hot / Cold" therapy.

I have it in my legs and feet too. Some days are worse than others. I sometimes get a burning sensation in my feet along with sharp pains in my toes like someone is sticking needles into them. My legs have muscle tightness from the hips down to my toes, along the outer edge. Feels like an elastic band being held taut. So unpleasant. This has been since I jumped 3 months ago. Prior to that I had joint pains for 4 years but that has settled at the moment. Hope you get some relief soon.

[ed...]

Ok, neuropathy has often worse this week.  Anyone else?

I have it bad as well however I take a ground up "Leaf", for it. I wouldn't have made it thus far without it. It's gotten so bad at times that I had to reset my nerves so to speak with "Bengay/ Biofreeze", as well as do "Hot / Cold" therapy.

What herb are you taking? Kratom? If so, which kind goes well for you post benzo wd? Tylenol is making me ill and not really helpful. I've taken kratom before. Saved my life in tramadol taper/wd years ago. Or if it's not kratom would love to know what you're having success with. Thanks.

I've got this in my right hip, leg, and foot all day every day.

3 months out.  Neuropathy's agonizing.  Sleep is only relief, which was hard to come by, but lately, as the pain has worsened, I am getting 8-10 hours of sleep a day.  I think the pain is exhausting my body that much.  It's not restorative, though.  I'm in pain when I fall asleep; in pain when I awaken.

Had fibromyalgia for many years prior to ativan rx.  At that time, I was able to be going for trigger point injections & courses of physical therapy (2 times about 5 years apart).  Then, for some years, I got massages fairly regularly (approx. once/month) - best was when I'd be fortunate enough to have a therapist who knew stretching techniques.  I believe the ativan did assuage the fibro. trigger points & neuropathy.  I'm very concerned b/c I'd really hoped this wouldn't be the case, but I can't ignore that it does seem to be.  I'd thought...okay 7 months post-w/d's going to be nightmarish, but I also thought pain would be where it was when I jumped (which was bad).  I never imagined it would even worsen.

Have used the biofreeze on feet & ankles.  Lately, using aspercreme w/lidocaine on left thigh, which has gotten very bad.  When in recliner viewing some tv, (eyes ache, too; so, I'm not even able to distract myself for as many hours w/that.  Now, it's maybe 4 hours total & then, just close eyes & listen to favorite CDs though stereo.  I'll have either licocaine patches on left thigh (sometimes 3 @ a time in different areas) or ice packs.  I have 4 different ice packs @ all times in freezer.  Different shapes & sizes.  Sad. - When neighbor's hand was hurting & swollen, I had the perfect ice-pack to wrap around it for carpal tunnel. -  It's not heart-related.  Went to ER about a month & 1/2 ago, b/c was concerned about possibility of DVT blood clot, as feet & ankle swelling worsened-exam, chest x-rays & dopplar all came back alright. 

No NSAID's allowed; had ulcer years ago.  I do believe the ativan w/d is exacerbating the underlying fibrymyalgia.  I wasn't prepared for just how hellish this would be & there's no hope for the near future.  I just continue hoping that somehow, magically, I'll awaken w/less pain.  What's the other option?  Doctor's tests.  I'm pretty run-down from years of doctors for a number of illnesses...endometriosis, fibro, c. difficile colitis.  Oh, & even years prior, TMJ...so, nerve pain seems to be my (almost-lifelong) trial & tribulation.  I'm not functioning last 2 years, to point that this year, I dropped my auto insurance.  I haven't driven in over a year & 1/2 now.  Will I ever again?  I can't envision it.  If I do get a doctor, I'll be looking into home visits (from Physician Assistant preferred; I mistrust & revile doctors now).  It all comes down to tests & for some illnesses, there aren't conclusive tests.

Have thought about home units for neuropathy pain, but afraid that'll only worsen things, since as a part of it, there's the tingling & electrical impulse parts, so I don't understand how electrical pulses would help.  I remember @ one time, enjoying the foot hydrospa part of a pedicure, but feet became too sensitive to that.  It wasn't something I'd treat myself to very often. 

From what some others' have shared w/me, I think if you didn't have neuropathy pain prior to your w/d, then it will begin to go away.  You're @ 5 months.  From all my reading of threads on bb's, 7 months looks to be a typical turning point & 2 years things look good.  I don't think I'm going to be in that group, from my back-history & being on a benzo for pain management & not anxiety.  I was also on it a very long time & @ a high daily dose.  Any success I'd felt from getting through the taper has been demolished by this crippling pain.

The "feel" of neuropathy pain is difficult to describe as it's both concomitant pain (tingling, burning) & numbness.  That's actually a better feel than the trigger points, which, in years past, was in scapular region, but now in left thigh.  I'm probably walking oddly, since r. ankle's been hurting so bad; I've probably, unconsciously, been babying that, resulting in left thigh pain.  What may help is to soak your feet in cool epsom salt footbath.  Re: Kratom.  Google it.  Don't let pain & desperation guide you.  Good luck.

Tingling, numbness, in my toes Sara, but my fingers were off the charts. 

Throbbing pain that had me in tears, flat on my stomach on top my bed trying to soothe them against the sheets.  It was horrible. 

Nowhere close to that now.  Improved 98%. 

Dee