Benzo free since December 21, 2018

[Ho...]

Just found this forum, wish I had sooner.  I took Xanax for over 18 years.  I truly had no idea until I switched away from the Doc that originally prescribed them.  Thanks to my wife, kids, therapist and trainers I’m here today.  Hypochondriac, so many symptoms I can’t list them all.  From a 1/2 mg to over 20 mg to none.  Quit chewing tobacco, lost 45 pounds, workout 5 days a week.  From weird skin to blurry vision and everything in between here I am.  So much I want to ask, please feel free to interject!

Holy cow,

Xanax 20 mg?  We’ve been benzo free for about the same time.  Your symptoms seem much milder than mine.  May you heal quickly.

SaraSue  :smitten:

I hope you do as well!  20 mg is crazy.  Yes my heart should have stopped?  I have crazy cyclical symptoms.  Haven’t felt normal, well not sure what normal is?  Hope normal is coming

• 2 weeks later...
Congratulations!  I'm 8mnths Benzo free after 8yrs & Antidepressant free after 11yrs. I was in Tolerance for many years, You?

OMG Holy cow, 20mgs a day!!! And now you're off...it's a great accomplishment.

I was in a low dose and felt sleepy all day long, how did you resist and be operational and awake all day long???

Well sorry to hear that, although for me the years I was in Tolerance & didn't know it was much worse than what I felt after I totally stopped taking this drug, Stay Strong!

My wife and staying positive.  Still don’t know what normal is?  I guess ignorance is bliss.  I’m hoping this next 8 months continues slowly with improvement.

The next 8 months & more most likely will get better & you will heal!  Good to see you have the support of your wife, I know I couldn't have gotten thru this without my husband. Take care & Carry On!