At what rate does prescription liquid Valium/Diazepam decrease in strength?

[up...]

Given the factors of being poured at the pharmacy from its original bottle, opening and closing my bottle daily to every few days, to dilution in a separate container (proper seal mechanism) that gets open and closed etc...At what rate does prescription liquid Valium lose its potency?

I’m also asking for this reason:

Because I’ve been using leftover 2 mg pills and a prescription for 120 ml of 1mg/ml prescription Valium, I have around a half bottle left of the liquid Diazepam I filled on 2/13/19 as well as an unopened 120 ml prescription I picked up on 4/07/19.

Should I start using my newer bottle if I can easily get a new one filled after the newer one.

Any info appreciated!

Annie

There is no loss of potency or efficacy, or any kind of physical deterioration.  Those are exactly the conditions the mfgr expects it to see.

FWIW, I used the same 500ml bottle for 2 years.  And the last 2 months, it was even past the mfgr's suggested expiry date.

That is exactly what I was hoping to find out...not only the technical data, but the experiential feedback which backs it up.

Thanks Builder!