Pls read-- I have Hetlioz /tasimelteon - $10,000/month drug to try

[Ba...]

Hi.  I am in terrible shape in withdrawal, yet still on the crap I'm on, but finally Vanda pharm. saw fit to send me Hetlioz, a specialty drug for non-24 / circadian rhythm disorder that a dr. ordered months back.  It works on melatonin receptors.  Have to say I've never had luck more than one or two night with melatonin.  Usually get depression/nightmares.

Anyhow wanted to ask here what anyone thinks of it, esp as still on some valium, now a pinch of clon (was trying to switch BACK to clon) and ambien, still.  Ambien seems the hardest to cut for me.  But righ t  now want stability, not tapering.

Pls. read if you have a chance and maybe there is another  spot I should post this? (where?)    I think the drug has only been tested on 100 people or something... costs $10,000/month if you buy it-- like anyone can afford that! I have 30 free..      Only comes in 20 mg capsules and I always begin taking sm amounts of drugs as am so sensitive, so would open a capsule and take 1/4... then 1/2... when I try to take.

There are other links but here a couple:

https://www.rxlist.com/hetlioz-drug.htm

http://www.hetlioz.com/

Would really appreciate input esp from those who have been on the boards a while and know what a hard case I am, and that I have had circadian rhythm problem forever and the insomnia problem pre-benzo.  Thx.

[e1...]

If I were in your situation, with such terrible depression from Valium, and no help from Klonopin or Seroquel, I’d get off everything but the Ambien (since it helps you), find a stabilizing dose, and taper from there.

This is just my opinion, as someone who was polydrugged. As long as you keep test driving new drugs, you're most likely dragging yourself deeper into a pharmacological quagmire.

As for this drug, it’s only another form of melatonin, which can also be depressing and cause horrifying nightmares (which is what it did for me).

Plus, Vanda’s ‘testing’ seems to have been pretty sketchy – seems like a cruel way to extract money from blind people.

Vanda's Sleep Disorder Drug Is A Nightmare

Well, don't know that I can get more Ambien... it is the one they seem strict about. ;(  I guess I can ask.  There is also Lunesta for sleep-- can inquire on that.  It is much stronger than Ambien I think, or comes in large amounts.

Seroquel I tried once or twice and it does knock you out, but doesn't mean you feel good at all the next day.

Yeah, been taking about .25 of a .5 clon and does not seem to help.  I have such fatigue I cannot move, from whatever of what I am taking.

sigh

Have not had the nerve to try it yet...

and, yes, guess it was a longshot finding anyone who had tried it since it is narrowly prescribed.

thx for the reply