Klonopin taper

[Gi...]

Hello all. I'm here for the first time as a registered user (newb)

I am currently tampering off of Klonopin...for about a year now, per Dr.orders with little help from him. I started my taper in late April early May 2018 and have reached a point where the withdrawal symptoms are getting harder to deal with on my own.

I am BP and have been on Klonopin for over a decade now...2 years ago I suffered a major relapse in my fight with bipolar. I believe my relapse was brought on by a serious case of tinnitus that came on from out of the blue, Prior to my relapse I managed to get my dose of Klonopin down to 1/4 mg at bedtime. I ran with this dose for approx 3 years until this nasty tinnitus started. We upped my dose of Klono to about 2.5 mg per day for about 3-4 months and then settled in at a therapeutic dose of 1.5 mg per day.

Foward... I have managed (by the Grace of God) to get down to 3/4 of a pill per day.

each pill is .5mg or 1/2 mg...so here we have in a nutshell

FYI. Just in case it makes a difference, I take Seroquil an Lamictal as well...The Dr wants me to tapper of the Seroquil after the Klono taper has been completed.

I am looking for support from whoever may be willing and advice from you Klonopin folks...

And please no scary stuff guys. thank you.

Sorry to ramble on.

Blessings

GiantKiller

Blessings

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!  We are glad you decided to join us.  You'll find a lot of support and information on this forum, which is the only one of its kind online.  Congratulations on your taper so far.

For those starting a taper, we generally recommend starting out at a rate of 5 to 10% every 10-14 days, then adjusting the taper to suit your own needs.  Note: very short term users may be able to taper faster.

Withdrawal symptoms, which vary widely but commonly include anxiety and insomnia, often occur during a taper, but these are temporary and will get better in time.  In general, first tapers are easier, but cold turkeys or multiple withdrawals may be more severe and longer lasting.  Here are a few links to get you started:

The Ashton Manual, a concise reference for tapering and symptom issues.  Chapter III contains excellent descriptions of common symptoms such as muscle issues, anxiety, and hyper-awareness

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Once again, welcome!

Welcome! This site opened my eyes. There are a lot of wonderful, kind and good people here! They helped me a lot in difficult days! I'm sure they'll help you too! Good luck!

Hi All.

Has anyone supplemented with Krill oil and or Omega 3 fish oil ?

If so, has there-been any down side to your supplementation using these ?

I posted this on the supplement page with know answer.

I do know that krill oil will help with sleep, I'm just trying

to find out if anyone has had any adverse affects supplementing with it.

Thank you

Gary

Welcome Giantkiller.  What a great login!!

Omega 3's are an awesome supplement.  It will certainly not affect your benzo withdrawal.  In fact with the help of my N.D. daughter, I am taking a couple of tabs a day.  She says and my research confirms  most American's eat way too much animal fat that is not balanced out by the good fats.  Wild caught salmon, (not farmed),

most nuts but not peanuts or cashew nuts, chia seeds, avocados, coconut oil and you can look up more :thumbsup:

I thought for years that my withdrawal symptoms were food related as Celiacs disease runs rampant in my family.  Lol, NOT!!  But, maintaining good health is

so very important when are brains are broken.  These drugs can alter the way we digest food and the way our endocrine systems work. 

A good wild caught salmon oil is the best way to go. Not big box store salmon oil.  So great for heart health, skin, digestion. 

Best of luck and so proud of you for looking at your health.

Klonkar

• Popular Now

• [Lo...]