Recommendation from Boston Hospital - Cut and Suffer?

[ro...]

Klonopin 1.5mg over 12 months...

This is using .125 tabs and .5mg pills - Seems to be doable, but the lower it goes, the higher the %, setting me up for failure @ around the .5mg mark or earlier. Cut and suffer?

I'm currently at step 4, having just cut from 1.125 to 1.0mg, an 11% cut.This was the suggestion from a Psychiatrist from XYZ hospital. Which I am currently following.

I know DLMT is a good way to go, but it's very tedious. But tedious is better than failure.

So what do you think? Sorry for the sloppy alignment of #s.

Prestigious Boston Hospital Recommendation                                                                    

MG % Cut

1.375 8.3
1.25 9.09
1.125 10
1 11
0.875 12.5
0.75 15
0.625 16
0.5 20
0.375 25
0.25 34
0.125 50
0 100

1. 0.375 mg (0.25 mg + 0.125 mg tab OR 3 0.125-mg tabs) in AM; 0.5 mg in afternoon; 0.5 mg in PM 1.375 8.33

2. 0.375 mg in AM; 0.375 mg in afternoon; 0.5 mg in PM                                                                 1.25         9.09

3. 0.375 mg three times daily                                                                                                         1.125 10

4. 0.25 mg in AM; 0.375 mg in afternoon; 0.375 mg in PM                                                                 1         11

5. 0.25 mg in AM; 0.25 mg in afternoon; 0.375 mg in PM                                                                 0.875 12.5

6. 0.25 mg three times daily                                                                                                         0.75         15

7. 0.125 mg in AM; 0.25 mg in afternoon; 0.25 mg in PM                                                                 0.625 16

8. 0.125 mg in AM; 0.125 mg in afternoon; 0.25 mg in PM                                                                 0.5         20

9. 0.125 mg three times daily                                                                                                         0.375 25

10. 0 in AM; 0.125 mg in afternoon; 0.125 mg in PM                                                                         0.25         34

11. 0 in AM; 0 in afternoon; 0.125 mg in PM                                                                                 0.125 50

12 Off                                                                                                                                         0         100

Klonopin 1.5mg over 12 months...

This is using .125 tabs and .5mg pills - Seems to be doable, but the lower it goes, the higher the %, setting me up for failure @ around the .5mg mark or earlier. Cut and suffer?

I'm currently at step 4, having just cut from 1.125 to 1.0mg, an 11% cut.This was the suggestion from a Psychiatrist from XYZ hospital. Which I am currently following.

I know DLMT is a good way to go, but it's very tedious. But tedious is better than failure.

So what do you think? Sorry for the sloppy alignment of #s.

Prestigious Boston Hospital Recommendation                                                                    

MG % Cut

1.375 8.3
1.25 9.09
1.125 10
1 11
0.875 12.5
0.75 15
0.625 16
0.5 20
0.375 25
0.25 34
0.125 50
0 100

1. 0.375 mg (0.25 mg + 0.125 mg tab OR 3 0.125-mg tabs) in AM; 0.5 mg in afternoon; 0.5 mg in PM 1.375 8.33

2. 0.375 mg in AM; 0.375 mg in afternoon; 0.5 mg in PM                                                                 1.25         9.09

3. 0.375 mg three times daily                                                                                                         1.125 10

4. 0.25 mg in AM; 0.375 mg in afternoon; 0.375 mg in PM                                                                 1         11

5. 0.25 mg in AM; 0.25 mg in afternoon; 0.375 mg in PM                                                                 0.875 12.5

6. 0.25 mg three times daily                                                                                                         0.75         15

7. 0.125 mg in AM; 0.25 mg in afternoon; 0.25 mg in PM                                                                 0.625 16

8. 0.125 mg in AM; 0.125 mg in afternoon; 0.25 mg in PM                                                                 0.5         20

9. 0.125 mg three times daily                                                                                                         0.375 25

10. 0 in AM; 0.125 mg in afternoon; 0.125 mg in PM                                                                         0.25         34

11. 0 in AM; 0 in afternoon; 0.125 mg in PM                                                                                 0.125 50

12 Off                                                                                                                                         0         100

Hi Rob- I’m on a very similar schedule as you laid out and have been doing pretty well. The major difference has been the fact that I stack my Xanax at night and don’t ever use it during the day.  I’m a short term user but man, I was scared to start tapering and had the same hesitations that you are having.

If you’re looking for advice, download the headspace app on your phone and listen to their sleep casts and try meditating/controlling your breath. It has been a lifesaver for me.  Also, the taper has gotten easier as I have gone down which seems odd, but my body has been on less of a roller coaster ride.

I cannot answer about your calculations, but I can assure you the DLMT is very easy to do.  I was absolutely lost understanding any of this in the beginning but once I had help with the parameters to put in the plan, http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/, it has been great.  I'm on day 63 and I couldn't be more pleased that I found this site and the plan that figured it all out for me.  ;D

I did the cut and suffer route not knowing any better.  If I had the choice to do the taper again I would go with DLMT.  I don’t care what any doctor or hospital has to say about it, it’s not “their” suffering!!  Best of luck to you all that are tapering.

I cut and suffered my way into a mess. I followed Ashton. If I had known about DLMT I could have avoided all that pain. Instead, I crashed and burned at 5 mg, held and was very sick for a long time, then learned about DLMT. Thank God. (Actually I thank Diaz-Pam, who explained the theory to me).

It is VERY easy to do. I thoroughly recommend it. It saved my taper, and probably my life.

Katz

I cut and suffered my way into a mess. I followed Ashton. If I had known about DLMT I could have avoided all that pain. Instead, I crashed and burned at 5 mg, held and was very sick for a long time, then learned about DLMT. Thank God. (Actually I thank Diaz-Pam, who explained the theory to me).

It is VERY easy to do. I thoroughly recommend it. It saved my taper, and probably my life.

Katz

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi again all.

Im tapering 1mg K, 2X .5mg pills currently.

I'm trying to get my head around DLMT. I understand the concept, but want to know more on multi day batches and the daily routine of dosing. Is that how most are doing it? Instead of a daily preparation using smaller containers? You're making batches?

If so, if I wanted to do 10 days worth, I would use 20 .5mg klonopin pills, 10 ml of everclear or vodka, and then 990 ml of water? Does this sound right?

Or I could just liquefy 1 pill and use the other "dry" pill for dose splitting right. and make a batch of 1 pill, 10 ml everclear or vodka, and 100 ml water.

Take the "dry" .5mg K pill for one dose and the liquid for the second dose of the day. Humm, that would take 400 days. So I guess liquefy both pills.

Reduce my intake .5ml/day 99.5,99,98.5,98,97.5 etc?

Im sorry, I just spent an hour reading posts but I don't understand the batch idea. Do most make up batches as Builder did?

If you DLMT-ers are down to just using liquid, are you dose splitting?

If so, how many splits per day? 2,3?

I'm so anxious over this. I want to get it right!

What are you using for large batch storage? I guess any jar will do, But i'm trying to get my head around the size needed for 500 or 1000 ml of liquid. What did you use for yours? And for X sake, what if the jar gets knocked off the counter..Try explaining that to the doctor.  :crazy:

Anyway, I need to get this taper right, as this doctor is going to end up forcing me off I fear. And how are you pulling out your solution, with 10ml syringes? Or are you using a larger 100ml syringe, or a 50ml? ARRGGHH!

Something like this?

Use a 1ml syringe, fill it to the .5ml mark and ingest. Take some other size syringe (10,50,100ml) and eyeball it and pull out another 99ml? Next day pull out 99ml and ingest? The batch idea and the daily physical act of accurately getting that days dose measured is confusing me. I'm trying to conceptualize the daily routine, but cannot seem to get it.

Can someone (Builder?) give a step by step of the daily procedure and details?  :idiot:

What did you use for hardware IE syringes etc. What were your steps for the day?

I was going to use milk and make 5-10% cuts every 2-4 weeks, making a new solution daily but I don't want to get crushed at some point doing the cut and suffer.

And if I DLMT'd this milk suspension I was planning on doing, I would have to re-stir it every time I were to pull from it as the K would potentially settle out between pulls because it's only suspended, not in solution from using a solvent.

(Like if I was down to 50 ml of suspension left on my taper, and using 10 ml syringes, I would have to pull from that 5 times to get the unneeded suspension removed from the container. I worry about stuff sticking to the side of the syringe with multiple pulls of liquid.)

So...:

Can someone explain the basic mechanics of your daily routine for accurately removing your days reduction?

Or is their a video out there, or a detailed post that I missed?

What did you use for syringes that you found most useful during your taper?

What did you use for a batch container if you were doing multi day batches?

Well, lots of questions and not very clearly constructed, but I am in a sort of panic right now so please excuse me.

Thanks ahead of time,I really appreciate you reading my post.

(BTW, I am in tolerance so am always feeling some sensation of withdrawal)

RW