Is the sun actually burning my skin?

[Pe...]

Does anyone know if the sun is actually burning my skin or if my skin is just reacting? I have pretty constant burning on my face and the sun makes it much worse. I love the sun so much and not seeing it at all is really difficult. I want to spend a little time outside but I wondered if I’m doing actual damage or if it just feels like I am. Any ideas?

I used to be a hardcore tanning bed user. Now I can’t go out in the sun. I can go out side and my skin starts feeling hot and randomly red bumps pop up here and there. I think it’s our central nervous system reacting to the heat. I don’t think the suns doing anything more than normal

Comes and goes like the last 2 days I’ve been in bed I burn like theirs acid in my veins. Or someone poured lighter fluid on me and struck a match

I had this as well. Spent the ENTIRE summer indoors and had a fear of the sun getting to me when having to venture outside.  I think it was legitimate burning in that it would actually hurt to have the sunlight on me but it is gone now at 11 months so hang in there! 

Ugh. Ya mine is constant but the sun makes it wayyy worse. So over this. I just want to be able to live life normally again 😞. How long has y’alls skin burned?  I’m over a month of it now. I can’t even put moisturizer on my face or it will burn and swell. It’s lost it’s damn mind.

I had this as well. Spent the ENTIRE summer indoors and had a fear of the sun getting to me when having to venture outside.  I think it was legitimate burning in that it would actually hurt to have the sunlight on me but it is gone now at 11 months so hang in there!

Oh thank you for letting me know it goes away!!! That’s a huge relief. I guess being indoors all summer is worth it to get off this poison!

I spend a lot of time outside. Now that it's getting hotter, I feel the heat actually bothers me more than the actual sun. Since it's hotter where I live I wear sunscreen every day, ritually. I came home one day after biking last week, it was a cloudy warm day. My face got burned...I forgot sunscreen.

If I could wear the tee-shirt clothing to cover my face and arms I would do that, but I think I would overheat. I just make sure to wear sunscreen and reapply every 3 hours, cloudy days and sunny days.

I'm also experiencing nerve pain in my face since tapering off of K that has nothing to do with sun exposure. It feels like the after effects of someone slapping me really hard. a sting, pins and needles type of feeling. That feeling lasts about a week.

Hope this passes for you.

I spend a lot of time outside. Now that it's getting hotter, I feel the heat actually bothers me more than the actual sun. Since it's hotter where I live I wear sunscreen every day, ritually. I came home one day after biking last week, it was a cloudy warm day. My face got burned...I forgot sunscreen.

If I could wear the tee-shirt clothing to cover my face and arms I would do that, but I think I would overheat. I just make sure to wear sunscreen and reapply every 3 hours, cloudy days and sunny days.

I'm also experiencing nerve pain in my face since tapering off of K that has nothing to do with sun exposure. It feels like the after effects of someone slapping me really hard. a sting, pins and needles type of feeling. That feeling lasts about a week.

Hope this passes for you.

Ya I actually think it may be the heat from the sun as well. I’m not positive but sunscreen didn’t seem to help anything.  Also I have developed a chemical sensitivity so I can’t wear even sunscreen anymore. Not moisturizer or anything or my face swells and burns. It’s brutal. I have nerve pain in my face too. Also tingling and all that. Seems my face is taking the brunt of all my symptoms. It’s constantly red and irritated no matter what I do. I hope it passes too... yours as well.

Does anyone know if the sun is actually burning my skin or if my skin is just reacting? I have pretty constant burning on my face and the sun makes it much worse. I love the sun so much and not seeing it at all is really difficult. I want to spend a little time outside but I wondered if I’m doing actual damage or if it just feels like I am. Any ideas?

So I asked my friend who does all natural stuff. She said coconut oil is a natural SPF but it's low. so adding raspberry seed oil to it bumps the SPF up. I wouldn't stay out long in the sun with this but I also don't recommend staying inside all summer. You need fresh air and sun

Good luck

So I asked my friend who does all natural stuff. She said coconut oil is a natural SPF but it's low. so adding raspberry seed oil to it bumps the SPF up. I wouldn't stay out long in the sun with this but I also don't recommend staying inside all summer. You need fresh air and sun

Good luck

Thank you so much for the suggestion. I don’t think coconut oil is best for my face as it is highly comedogenic but I’ll keep that in mind for my body.  Really hoping this passes ASAP.