I’m new to the group. Seems in in the right place.

[Ma...]

Benzobuddies was highly recommended as a support group for the tapering process (about 6 weeks in. Down from 1 to 2 mg daily, on and off for a couple of decades, to .25 for about 4 weeks. No abuse. Apparently just dependent as hell). If I had known 20 years ago when I was prescribed Klonopin (for GAD and insomnia) how dangerous this drug was I wouldn’t be in the position I’m in now. But I am. I truly thought I was losing my mind before I realized it was the benzo, or lack of, that was making me feel like I was gonna crawl outta my skin, go nuts, have a heart attack, and a myriad of other symptoms. I’ll stop here. I’m preaching to the choir. Thanks.

zDFSObb.png

Hello Marsai!

We are very glad that you found us!

I am sorry you are having issues with Clonazapam. Glad you have decided to get off the benzo. It sounds as if you may have tapered to fast. You may want to adjust your rate going forward.I would also like to suggest that you do some research on the various boards. Becoming well informed should better enable you to make difficult decisions as well as provide you with the tools you need for a successful taper & recovery.  You will find many knowledgeable members who will support your efforts to be benzo free. I have enclosed a few links below that may help you. Check them out!

Wishing you a smooth taper & speedy recovery!

Bella  :smitten:

Please take the time to tell us about your history by creating a signature:

For a direct link:

CLICK HERE --->

Create a Signature <--- CLICK HERE 

Links:

Professor Heather Ashton's

Boards:

Taper Info:

Suggested reduction rate is 5% - 10% every 10 - 14 days 

Create Your Own Taper Plan  by Jim Hawk 

You-Tube step-by-step  Tutorial Video

Other Tutorials:

You feel shocking imho because you are now on so little and your gaba receptors are playing catchup. Painful as it is you are winning.

Do look at the Ashton manual as advised and post if you need support.It tells you a bit about what to expect in an honest way.

NOT everyone suffers a lot......

Please do your signature so all can see the timeline and advise if necessary.

You are nearly there CONGRATS--

Dickie

Hi Marsai,

I took benzos for insomnia for thirty long years and then was forced to go CT off them, plus ADs. And I am not sorry about this. I later o realized that doing this was my ONLY chance at a normal life. Benzos caused a lot of damage, and maybe they did for you, too. On benzos I began falling a lot and broke several bones in those falls.

I, too, was prescribed Klonapin plus Ambien for long term insomnia. The drugs worked but at such a huge price I had to pay later on.

Your symptoms are totally normal for bwd. I know they feel awful. All of this stuff is mind boggling. I am an RN of many years and even worked in a detox and on a psych unit. And I had no idea thi s stuff could happen. Truly, I thought I knew a lot about drugs. Turns out I did not.

How are you doing now? If you need some extra help, send me a PM. I always answer PMs.

east (Annie)

If I had known 20 years ago when I was prescribed Klonopin (for GAD and insomnia) how dangerous this drug was I wouldn’t be in the position I’m in now. But I am. I truly thought I was losing my mind before I realized it was the benzo, or lack of, that was making me feel like I was gonna crawl outta my skin, go nuts, have a heart attack, and a myriad of other symptoms. I’ll stop here. I’m preaching to the choir. Thanks.

Hi Marsai  and welcome. I share in your sentiments about the klonopin. All the crazy bizarre painful sx's these drugs cause once you become tolerant make you feel like you are indeed deathly ill.

How are you doing? I know benzo wd can be awful, but getting through it may turn out to be the best thing you ever did. Was for me.

Let us know how you feel now and everyone will try to help you.

east