Vitamin B complex and zinc for sleep

[...]

I think this is a great significance.

For our bodies to convert glutamate to GABA naturally-they need enough vitamin Bs and also zinc.

There is a condition that causes our bodies to be low in these essential nutrients. I think I have it and that’s probably why I got on the benzo in the first place. But now I’m using vitamin B complex and zinc before bed and it helps me sleep. I only take 20% of the recommended daily allowance of these nutrients.  If I take too much vitamin B I get a reverse effect and I can’t sleep.  If I wake up in the middle the night I’ll take another 20% of the B complex and zinc and once again I sleep.

Some people think the medical condition which makes vitamin B and zinc not available is called Pyroluria.  Others think it’s due to low acid in the stomach which prevents you from breaking down these nutrients.

Has anybody else tried this?

HI Bob, I am impressed how you find taking that little of a dose helps you while a full dose ramps things up.  I tried supplements when I thought I was "in the clear" back at 3 1/2 months but I think I overdid it on quantity/dosage.  I had been told I was low in a bunch of stuff by a Natural Path doctor back when I was in tolerance and sick.  I am 11 months out now and am feeling pretty good (still need a lot of rest but 90 percent functional) and am considering the supplements again.  I think I will try your method of reducing dosages.  The reason I think I still need them is due to very low energy levels and extreme exhaustion when I push myself too much.  But not having the physical aches and the deranged thoughts is NOT something I ever want to go back to so not sure .....

Good insights Bob. I am a big fan of the vitamin B's,  they are a must in my opinion to help with stress and adrenal fatigue(of course too much of it can do the opposite effect). They are water soluble, so actually if you don't have a perfect diet one has to supplement them (they are cheaper than getting the shots). An excellent brand is Megasorb B-Complex 50 by Solgar. In addition, one has to take a good, sublingual B12. It is better to take the tablets for better absorption. A good product is the Natural Source Methylcobalamin 1000 mcg. The trick is to let them dissolve for 3 minutes under the tongue. I am also experimenting with zinc at night and I am getting good results. It has to be 50mg and it needs a low dose of vit B6 to metabolize it and get the most benefit. You can add magnesium,L-tryptophan, Omega 3's, a good multvitamin with iron and copper, and L-theanine (not all at once). You can experiment and create your own stack and see what works. Add dark therapy and bright light therapy to reset your circadian rhythm and practice meditation/breathing. I know it seems too much, but it is better than popping a benzo. Taking supplements takes some reading and caution but it works!