Rapid taper advice plse!!

[Th...]

Hi - I need to do a rapid withdrawal/taper/titration due to limited amount of diazepam. Should I wait until/if I get WD symptoms?

My history is below. I am not addicted to Valium but may be physically dependent. I have 30 tabs of 10mg left.

As this is practically CT, is it a bad idea? Should I go to my GP instead with Ashton info etc? I’d rather not have this on my record having got this far with no dependencies on there.

Mostly I’m freaking out about all the horror stories. As I’ve not had a benzo dependency before, is there a good chance I’ll get away with this with minimal suffering?

How could I construct a taper?

I took about 30mg over the course of last week, nothing for 2 days.

Advice gratefully received as worried I could get protracted symptoms for months. Very scared.

Thank you

If I were you i wojld stretch out the 30 pills for a slow taper. Starting wih half a pill a day then a quarter then an eighth of a pil until finally only crumbs. I would strtch them out over a 2ish month period. Stretch out the 30 as slow as you can and progressivly get lower. I highly doubt you will experience anything near the level of suffering you read on bb. Most people dont suffer as people on bb do. We are the worst of the worst. Most people simply have no need to get on this website. Try not to worry. That only exacerbates the wd.

Thank you. That is incredibly helpful, practical & reassuring advice.

I couldn't help noticing you too have a long standing relationship with opiates. I'm sure you'll understand that I've been really cross with myself thinking i'd got another (more terrible) drug dependency having just got away permanently from the town where I used heroin, I couldn't bear the thought that I would have a way worse rattle & protracted PAWS just when everything is improving in other ways.

Your words have given me hope, thanks for taking the time to comment.

I am so sorry that you have suffered

I'm with Windwalker on this one  :D :D :D I C/T'd off 90 mgs of Valium, after a 20 year long dependency. * I had been tapering for 2 ½ years prior to going C/T. I have been fine (barring 1 incident yesterday when I had a panic attack) I would NEVER advocate C/T. I only managed to taper 10 mgs of Valium in 7 months - so I was going to spend he rest of my life tapering at that speed. We are all different. FIND the success stories, there are many. Benzo withdrawal is a mind f*** so you have to also fight it with your mind, look for the success stories, don't get too mixed up in all the horror stories e.g. I sometimes take lengthy gaps from posting here or reading stories because then my benzo brain kicks in and I convince myself all these terrible things are going to happen. You CAN do this. Follow Windwalkers advice, it's solid. All the very best  :smitten:

Yup! I agree with Windwalker. Get off these drugs and never take them again. You sound pretty well versed in benzo lore.

I think you are right. There is a difference in being addicted and being dependant on benzos. I have had several addictions: smoking, one street drug many years ago and alcohol. The weird thing about benzos is that you never "feel" addicted. All you know is that you THINK you need your little pill every night to help you fall asleep. Because you do not know the entire truth about benzos, you just keep taking them.

I LOVE your screen name!! Care to tell me why you chose it?

east