How important is it to split pills evenly?

[Ch...]

I am now at precisely 1.25 x 50mg Clonazepam pills.

I am taking a break from the tyranny of gram scales and razors and using a pill splitter now I am at a quarter pill.

How important is it to split pills evenly? Looking at my first attempt I can see some of the four quarters are clearly bigger than others.

Also, I have heard that the active ingredient - the benzo itself - is not spread evenly throughout the pill, which is of course mostly filler. Does that matter, as I am taking the whole period over a four day period and considering that Clonazepam has a long half life? 

I tapered by cutting pills in half and then by filing them with an emery board a system I read somewhere in the web, posted by a drug counselor.

I took almost two years to finish my taper some days ago. I didn’t know about the medication not been evenly spread in the pills. I had every symptom in the Ashton Manual, but I made it to where I’m.

It’s been tough, but for what I read it’s tough  no matter what method one uses, except ct, which seems to be the worst.

Best wishes, may we all heal.

🦋

Do you mean 5mg of clonazepam cut into quarters and approx 1.25mg once daily? Can you confirm for clarity?

Thanks

Dick

Sure.

I mean my dose is now a 0.5 mg pill cut into quarters, plus one whole 0.5mg pill.

How important is it that the pills are split evenly?

Thanks for clarifying

I have used cutting successfully with diazepam. I use a hobby knife. If the quarters are a a disaster I chuck the silly bits but if near enough a quarter I am fine and I hope you are.

Best wishes

Dick.

It depends on how sensitive your body is to small differences. I didn’t weigh anything and just eyeballed everything until .125 when I couldn’t see well enough how much I was taking. I think your body is used to the variations and it’s fine, kind of like someone who takes it “as needed” but when they stop realize there’s a dependence. Because the variations were their “normal.” Once you start weighing you can expect to feel more symptoms if you cut or don’t take exactly the right amount or at least that happened to me. So if I were you I’d just make it as accurate by sight as you can for as long as you can. Because I find the scale so annoying. Having to weigh multiple times etc. Hope this helps.

It depends on how sensitive your body is to small differences. I didn’t weigh anything and just eyeballed everything until .125 when I couldn’t see well enough how much I was taking. I think your body is used to the variations and it’s fine, kind of like someone who takes it “as needed” but when they stop realize there’s a dependence. Because the variations were their “normal.” Once you start weighing you can expect to feel more symptoms if you cut or don’t take exactly the right amount or at least that happened to me. So if I were you I’d just make it as accurate by sight as you can for as long as you can. Because I find the scale so annoying. Having to weigh multiple times etc. Hope this helps.

Come to think of it, I can be very sensitive to small variations on a night-by-night basis. I might just put up with not having a "scales holiday" at all.

As an aside, I have just reached the halfway mark in my rebooted taper, from 1.25>0.625 mg.

Hi

I noticed you did a very long hold back in the day. Do you mind me asking what gave you the courage to start again.?

Best w

D

GOod question. I think I built up to it slowly, psychologically, and had some convincing form a drugs counsellor that I wouldn't notice small cuts. The late Feb 2016 cut wiped me out for months.

However, I did notice a sudden increase in fatigue and it turns out that even the 1-2% cuts were making my CPAP treatment go haywire. Shows you just how powerful benzos are.