Window. Wasnt expecting this.

[cr...]

Guys i took a magnesium and a b complex earlier today because my blood tested low. Have i finally figured something out or am i just artificially stimulating gaba? I was absolutely not expecting this window. I was expecting a wave but my dad convinced me to take them. I can look at a monitor and everything isnt overstimulating me anymore. My akithisia has stopped. My involuntary movements have stopped. Im still having depersonalization though. And its getting kinda late. Not sleepy. Kinda seems like I drank a coffee. So hopefully i can sleep ok. The Magnesium made me relaxed but weak for a few hours. The b vitamins were actually tolerable despite the extra anxiety. Thoughts? Maybe i really was low. Hopefully taking those once in a blue moon will be enough to keep me sane. Dont want to risk kindling.

Yeah! Maybe its a fluke but who knows. For whatever reason i feel slightly ok today. Not perfect but I'm not in extreme withdrawal right this second. Hopefully tomorrow goes ok to.

Wow. Most of my physical health issues are gone this morning. Im a mess mentally still but yay no physical. I slept okayish. Let's see how i do throughout the day. It was b alive b complex and gnc Magnesium citrate.

This is excellent news !

If my physical symptoms were gone I'd be a happy camper !

Here's to a good day for you ... and many many more to come .

I think this is a great significance.

For our bodies to convert glutamate to GABA naturally-they need enough vitamin Bs and also zinc.

There is a condition that causes our bodies to be low in these essential nutrients. I think I have it and that’s probably why I got on the benzo in the first place. But now I’m using vitamin B complex and zinc before bed and it helps me sleep. I only take 20% of the recommended daily allowance of these nutrients.  If I take too much vitamin B I get a reverse effect and I can’t sleep.  If I wake up in the middle the night I’ll take another 20% of the B complex and zinc and once again I sleep.

Some people think the medical condition which makes vitamin B and zinc not available is called Pyroluria.  Others think it’s due to low acid in the stomach which prevents you from breaking down these nutrients.

I once read (on this very forum) that magnesium somehow in some way affects GABA or interacts with GABA receptors, so I decided to google it.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/biochemistry-genetics-and-molecular-biology/gabaa-receptor-agonists

Indeed, magnesium shows some GABA-A receptor agonist activity. That will of course make you feel a tiny bit better. However, I wouldn't jump to conclusions here and avoid it because of that. Your physical health comes first. You cannot heal without having your blood be in order, meaning all the nutrients you need to function have to be at a good, healthy level. Since you're low in magnesium and b-vitamins (of which there's quite a few, so which ones you're deficient in would be a good thing to know), you should continue supplementing. As you said, just don't overdo it and you should be fine.

The important thing to take away here is that you have identified a problem (deficiency in these nutrients) and you know how to fix it (supplementation and better diet). If that helps your symptoms, fantastic.

I have supplemented with all manner of vitamins and minerals before. Nothing actually triggered my symptoms, to my knowledge. Of course I felt terrible out of nowhere all the time, and I still do, but I wouldn't put that on the supplements.

Hey guys just want to update. So ive been working closely with my doc and my magnesium is back in the normal range. I guess I only needed a few supps to bump it. So no need to risk taking more magnesium unless it drops back down. Doc said he wants to focus on the b vitamins now. My b12 is up from 376 to 396. 400+ is normal. So i should be in the normal range soon. He wanted to do a b12 shot but i turned it down since its raising just from the b complex.

As far as my symptoms go. Most of my akithisia and involuntary movement are lessened greatly. Im slightly overstimulated during the day now but at least im not rocking back and forth. I can stand up and walk fairly easily. Depersonalizsation still freaks me out and car rides still make my cns electrocute me. Im starting to feel really wiped in the evenings. Maybe thats a downside. Side effect perhaps. So im a little bit concerned since nights are usually when i get my windows.

Ill keep an eye on my blood. Once i get my b12 up above 400 I might reconsider the risks. Im missing my nightly windows, but i want to make sure my akithisia stays gone.

Also as a side note my testosterone is super low apparently. Replacement therapy is out of the question right? I hear its kinda risky for benzo withdrawal. Doctor didnt recommend it.

Hey guys just want to update. So ive been working closely with my doc and my magnesium is back in the normal range. I guess I only needed a few supps to bump it. So no need to risk taking more magnesium unless it drops back down. Doc said he wants to focus on the b vitamins now. My b12 is up from 376 to 396. 400+ is normal. So i should be in the normal range soon. He wanted to do a b12 shot but i turned it down since its raising just from the b complex.

As far as my symptoms go. Most of my akithisia and involuntary movement are lessened greatly. Im slightly overstimulated during the day now but at least im not rocking back and forth. I can stand up and walk fairly easily. Depersonalizsation still freaks me out and car rides still make my cns electrocute me. Im starting to feel really wiped in the evenings. Maybe thats a downside. Side effect perhaps. So im a little bit concerned since nights usually when i get my windows.

Ill keep an eye on my blood. Once i get my b12 up above 400 I might reconsider the risks. Im missing my nightly windows, but i want to make sure my akithisia stays gone.

Also as a side note my testosterone is super low apparently. Replacement therapy is out of the question right? I hear its kinda risky for benzo withdrawal. Doctor didnt recommend it.

I would be very interested to hear if your symptoms are reduced as you take Vitamin B complex.  I have been taking it and Zinc and it is helping me sleep.  I take only 15% of the RDA of the B complex and 15% of the RDA of zinc.  I do it at bedtime and repeat each time I wake up at night and my sleep is much better.  I do it in the daytime and my fatigue is less.

Ah not good... Just tried a 4000 percent b12 to see how Id react. In a huge wave now. Well, hopefully I'm back in the normal range now.

[b3...]

isnt it incredible how unbelievably relieving it is when we simply dont feel horrible?

if i ever feel relatively good again, boy will i never take it for granted.

those teeny glimpses of feeling better its the biggest relief of my life

[de...]
It takes a while for your vitamin and mineral levels to get where they need to be.  Taking for a week or so won't get them up that fast.

Ah not good... Just tried a 4000 percent b12 to see how Id react. In a huge wave now. Well, hopefully I'm back in the normal range now.

Crescentelite,

I think you over did it. 

When I take too much vitamin B - it makes my symptoms worse.  You took 4000% of just B12.  I only take 25% and my pill is a B complex.

When I take just 25% (split up the pill) of a vitamin b complex, I feel SO MUCH BETTER (Fatigue goes away) and I slept good and have dreams (so nice to dream again).  I do this 3 or 4 times a day so I am still under 100%.

You need to buy a B complex which does NOT give mega doses and then split it into small parts.

I have tried 6 different types of B complex.

Here is my favorite so far:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PEX80B4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I cut it into tiny parts. It is actually a little more powerful than some of the others I have been using but I like it so far.

I take a little zinc with it at bedtime to help sleep (the zinc and B-complex are needed to convert Glutamate to GABA.).

Ah i see. Yeah ill just utilize the b conplex again if I need it. The mega dose of b12 mightve been too much for sure. It seems to be wearing off now.