how much in one drop of Riovtril 2.5mg/ml?

[Da...]

Hi,

In order to get off from clanozapam I switched from pills to a liquid form called Rivotril. I took 0.5 mg clanozapam daily and the doctor told me it is an equivalent of 10 drops of Rivotril.

So, instead of 0.5 mg i started taking 9 drops of Rivotril, which should have been lower then 0.5 mg of clanozapam, according to my doctor.

To my surprise, I felt great. no withdrawl symptoms or nothing. Felt more relax then I had in a long time.

About two weeks later though, I started to feel much much worse . I couldn't understand it, but I had a gut feeling that there was something wrong about my dosage. So, after some research I found that 1 drop of riovtril 2.5mg/ml is actually equal to 0.1 clanozapam. Which means that I took twice the amount I was originally on. So now I had to get off twice as much as I was taken. Which sucks.

It makes sense to me. But I'm still not 100% percent sure I got that right. So, can anybody confirm that? anyone knows how much does 1 drop of riovtril 2.5mg/ml is equal to ?

thanks

Yes, that's right.  If you assume 1 drop equals 0.04ml then 1 drop will contain 0.1 mg clonazepam (0.04ml x 2.5mg/ml = 0.1mg).

9 drops would be 0.9mg.  So, yeah, you took almost double the 0.5mg.