You won't heal until....

[Be...]

Will I heal if I quit eating those things?

SaraSue

I'm just starting a new thread for people to input the things they assume hinder healing.

You stop eating junk food and high carbohydrates food.

That's a dangerous claim, BenzoCalamity.

I assume you have figured out that such foods rev up your symptoms, that doesn't mean they hinder healing - and is definitely not a claim you can generalize to the wider population of benzo victims!

With so many people desperate for the magical cure, you really have to be careful what you say around these boards...

Yeah, careful with these kind of thread.

People in BWD aren’t equal with food concerning symptoms. But in any case you need to eat. Your body need the energy found in a large variety of food.

Go tell this to someone who hasn’t the ability to cook elaborate diets...

I think people (not even in BWD) are getting more and more anxious about food. There are some legit horror stories about the food industry but there’s also a lot of fear mongering hot takes about what to eat or not in general.

If you think diet helped or healed you, more power to you and you’re free to give advice of course but telling people they won’t heal because of this... is a bit too much.

It’s common sense tho to be careful and eat a balanced diet in general when you recover from an injury or withdrawal, so sticking with it and you should be fine.

I'm not healed yet. And I do eat alot of junk food and carbohydrates. I'm not claiming anything! I just started this post to inciting people to add their feedback about what they think hinders healing.

Sorry about the misunderstanding.

What hinders healing?  Anything that potentially downregulates gaba receptors like—

Benzos

Alcohol

Then there are things that may not hinder healing, but can make symptoms stronger and harder to bear—

Other medications

Supplements

CBD oil

MJ

Junk food

Preservatives

Chemicals in personal and cleaning products

Foods high in histamine if you’ve become histamine intolerant

Caffeine

Sugar

**Not everyone will experience negative reactions to this last list.  I have a small cup of very weak coffee every morning with lots of cream in it. No problem whatsoever.  Some people take supplements, CBD oil, MJ, etc. and swear by them.  If you want to play it safe, avoid anything that your body might recognize as foreign or toxic and would therefore react negatively to it. 

That leaves the “safe” stuff—whole foods and pure water.  It’s really not difficult.  It’s actually pretty logical.

I’m sure there are going to be the same old members to jump on my post and argue.  I don’t participate in these arguments anymore.  Do it the clean way, or do something else.  It’s your choice.

I’m 99% healed and I only come on rarely to answer PMs.  Staying clean worked for me.  Didn’t get rid of the symptoms, but sure as hell dampened them down.  Your body heals itself in spite of you making it difficult or easy.  It’s what the body does.  It heals itself.

Sofa

Issey I just read your success story. Congrats! Caffeine is also my test. I miss my coffee so much! I'm 3 months off and tried it and no way it sparked all of my withdrawal for days. I'm giving it 3 more months.

I also found sugar sparks worse withdrawal as they say. I doubt it stops healing but avoiding it def. makes your days easier.

My test to know I was healed was caffeine, I can handle it now and 3 months ago it would put me in hell. Truly a miracle.

I started tolerating coffee at 6 months off. I actually tolerate and drink coffee all the time and feel joyful. But that doesn't mean I'm healed!!!

Nice to know you can enjoy it at 6 months out. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Even if I'm not healed drinking coffee will make me feel much more like my normal self.

Food have to do alot in our situation, idont think that the key of healling is food but im pretty sure that food plays a role in managing the intensity of the symptoms especially in our case of waiting for healing to happen. The most effective diet that helped me in managing my symptoms was the paleo diet, when I keep my diet to protein and veggies i wittiness a big drop in the symptoms, like inflammation goes down, insomnia lifts up, adrenaline rush gets easy in the morning, nerve pain smoothly managed, tinaitus goes less annoying and etc..

I have cut caffeine and sugar completely for two years now, it’s helping alot, the thing that is not effected by this is my anxiety and depression still there, but with less symptoms levels, im clean of meds now for 3.5 years now, i get collapsed here and ther but i try to get my self back, i hope it ends soon.