Changing K to Liquid Valium taper any suggestions? Or can I go direct to V.

[tr...]

I want to start liquid tonight and stop K. I’m at .5mg K now. Ill ask for 10mg of Valium. And would like to do a liquid taper. Any suggestions?

I want to start liquid tonight and stop K. I’m at .5mg K now. Ill ask for 10mg of Valium. And would like to do a liquid taper. Any suggestions?

You need to gradually transition from K to V, because of the different half-lives. Probably 5-7 days transition would be fine

The switch to liquid should not be any problem at all.

I should as for liquid Valium today and start tonight?! Or just get dissolving tabs at .25mg maybe 120 count?! How many Mils does Liquid V come in?!

I should as for liquid Valium today and start tonight?! Or just get dissolving tabs at .25mg maybe 120 count?! How many Mils does Liquid V come in?!

Diazepam Oral Solution is a 1mg = 1ml solution.  For tapering, you need to dilute it 9:1, so your dilute solution is now .1mg=1ml

It comes from the mfgr in 500mg/ml bottles, but your pharmacy will repackage it in smaller volumes as required.  My doc was OK giving me 500ml/mg scrips, but most docs probably will not.