• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Fi...]

• [La...]

• [Be...]

• [Yu...]

It’s a tragedy that more celebrities have not had any publicly stated bad experiences with benzodiazepines, it would get far more attention as it deserves. Unfortunately the couple mentioned did the cause little justice.

Yes, I agree...if one takes for instance 18 pills, 2 mg like Stevie Nicks. Unfortunately, like myself, I took the prescribed amount, trusted my Dr., did a CT because she said I could, had horrendous Sx, which she said couldn’t be due to the K, because I had not been on them long enough, or had taken enough of them.  I almost died. But she said “something else must be going on.” So, like Stevie, K was almost deadly for me. But I’m not famous, so who really cares, right? My Dr. certainly didn’t.

The toxicology report from Tiger Wood's 2017 DUI arrest in FL showed he had Vicodin, Dilaudid, Xanax, Ambien & THC in his system.

During his subsequent judicial proceedings he stated he should not have attempted to treat his symptoms alone (self medicate) and that his doctors were currently (at that time) working with him to manage his treatment.

It is noteworthy that on 4/14/19 he won the U.S. Open Masters golf tournament in Augusta, GA for the 5th time in his career. 

DEAD from Benzo / Alchohol Drug combinations

Michael Jackson - DEAD

Prince- DEAD

Dolores O'Riordan - DEAD

Chris Cornell - DEAD

Do someone know about famous people who take benzos?

Yes, I agree...if one takes for instance 18 pills, 2 mg like Stevie Nicks. Unfortunately, like myself, I took the prescribed amount, trusted my Dr., did a CT because she said I could, had horrendous Sx, which she said couldn’t be due to the K, because I had not been on them long enough, or had taken enough of them.  I almost died. But she said “something else must be going on.” So, like Stevie, K was almost deadly for me. But I’m not famous, so who really cares, right? My Dr. certainly didn’t.

I care, and I'm certain many others do also. My very best wishes for you, Rosie

Fergie, reportedly overcame her addiction to Xanax.  Whitney Houston had alcohol and benzos in her body at time of death :(

DEAD from Benzo / Alchohol Drug combinations

Michael Jackson - DEAD

Prince- DEAD

Dolores O'Riordan - DEAD

Chris Cornell - DEAD

Do someone know about famous people who take benzos?

Art bell-Dead from valum

I'm very curious about Tiger Woods and whether or not he continues to use xanax & opioids. Perhaps time will tell. I'm guessing he won't tell but, I may be wrong. I've been wrong before and likely will be again ...

Heath Ledger

Cause of death:

Cardiac arrest brought on by prescription drug intoxication

The report concludes, in part, "Mr. Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine." It states definitively: "We have concluded that the manner of death is accident, resulting from the abuse of prescribed medications!

yeah i thought Chris Cornel died from hanging himself?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2018/11/01/chris-cornell-family-sues-doctor-over-prescribed-drugs-led-suicide/1848981002/

LOS ANGELES — Family members of Chris Cornell on Thursday sued a doctor they say over-prescribed drugs to the rock singer, leading to his death.

Cornell, frontman for Soundgarden, died in May 2017 in Detroit; he was 52. The coroner ruled his death a suicide by hanging.

Toxicology tests showed there were drugs present in his body, including Ativan along with barbiturates, caffeine, the anti-opioid drug naloxone, and a decongestant.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2018/11/01/chris-cornell-family-sues-doctor-over-prescribed-drugs-led-suicide/1848981002/

LOS ANGELES — Family members of Chris Cornell on Thursday sued a doctor they say over-prescribed drugs to the rock singer, leading to his death.

Cornell, frontman for Soundgarden, died in May 2017 in Detroit; he was 52. The coroner ruled his death a suicide by hanging.

Toxicology tests showed there were drugs present in his body, including Ativan along with barbiturates, caffeine, the anti-opioid drug naloxone, and a decongestant.

yep that's what i thought. RIP Chris.

btw his music from the beginning has spoken of his thoughts of the world and reality and relationships if you go back and read all the lyrics. but it's a bit of a stretch to say his death was caused by benzos. yes he was taking them before he died, but he was also taking a lot of other stuff too. and the fact that he died by hanging is a fact.

it would be so easy to say that people who suicided after coming home from war died from PTSD. yes they may in fact have had PTSD, no doubt! but the cause of death is still suicide. to be accurate, say, "the contributing factors to this person's suicide may have been in part due to drugs prescribed/found to be taken prior to their death...or even the contributing factors to this person's suicide may have been in part due to psychological trauma from seeing acts of violence"..etc.

suicide is not an excuse to blame drugs or trauma from psychological or even physical pain, although they may indeed have driven the person to end their life because they couldn't or decided against continuing to fight to live. otherwise, how do you explain all the people who are able to heal despite long term psych and even illicit drugs and traumas, both psychological and physical pain, that go on to beat their demons and live again as strong people?  suicide is a choice. the person who chooses it may indeed feel they have no other choice, maybe they just choose to end their suffering instesad of enduring it, but it is still a choice. and yes i struggle with that choice often. but i haven't chosen it.

perhaps one day i will choose to end my life because i don't want to endure any more pain or suffering.(hopefully not, but this is a hypothetical scenario)... if i do, i don't want the cause of death to say: prescription medications.  no if i were to end my own life, i would want the credit given where it was due, in my own hands, by my own will, my choice. because we all have the choice. we all have power to decide to keep going or to give up the fight. we all have that inside.

to be truly honest, no bones about it, the cause of suicide is usually sadness. or hopelessness. the dr's like to call it all kinds of things, but they are fools in it for the money. the church made suicide a crime punishable by eternal hellfire.  but the truth is depression/hopelessness is deep sadness.  and that is not a crime. depending on the support system and resources  (or lack of them) surrounding a person with sadness/hopelessness, the chances go up or down for the outcome of suicide or conversely recovery.

if we changed our thinking about victimhood, we could regain our power we were all born with. but this day n age they drug us from day 1, out of the womb, cutting off our oxygen suply when they cut the cord, smacking us, and injecting us with poisons. on day one. the indoctrination comes next for all our years and the traumas that come from living. then more drugging if you don't follow the party line of society. then illness. and over all this time we become disillusioned, we feel we have no power. we falsely think we can't change anything for the better. and as we think, so our realities are. change the thinking, change the reality. believe there is no hope, there is no hope. believe there is hope and there IS hope.  will-power. is will POWER! te will to live = the power to live!

i have personally been thru all the normal crap mentioned above, from brth trauma and vaccinations and meds and poisons and also the less common traumas, multiple assaults, by family first, then by "friends" and lovers and spouses and yadda yadda...and by dr's and religious groups and etc...and i decided to fight for my life. i'm here because i believe i can. i have power because i believe i do. there is hope for my healing because i BELIEVE there is.

i got here by deciding all the experts are fools and not listening to them anymore. from here on out, i am my own doctor, my own priest. my own teacher. but had you asked me that a few years ago, i wouldn't have said that. i was looking for the answers outside of myself, in religion and ancient texts, in psychotherapy, pharmoco/psyhchiatry, even mainstream medicine, FDA approved foods and meds, mainstream media...i was part of the system/matrix like they wanted me to be. i was dying. i develeoped metabolic syndrome from the meds and diet, gained 70 lbs, developed prediabetes, strange allergies and sensitivities, became antisocial, etc etc.

but i then came to a crisis, a healing crisis if you will, and i lost my faith in everything.  after a few dark weeks of crying in despair, i found a peace. strange, the silence after the storm. i didn't know who i was! and that is when, without my ego-ID, i started to see things without the veil over my eyes, with no illusions. it has been very odd, to discover my face and body without vanity of makeup and grooming that society had taught me i needed to be attractive, to be acceptable to others...i thought who is this? (the answer was and is "that person is the real me) so i cut off my artificially colored/chemically damaged (full of toxins btw) hair, tossed out the makeup and toxic grooming products, tossed out the gmo artificial chemically altered "foods" in my fridge, began to drink pure water only, no caffeine, no sugar, no more addictions or poisons. now i'm down to the 3 meds prescribed to me that caused so much pain and suffering, and were supposed to cure my problems. once they're gone, i'll be truly free.

Chris Cornell, once of my alltime favorite musicians and lyricists, chose to leave this system/matrix/life if you will, because that was his will. i don't judge him either way. i don't think he was weak, i don't feel sorry for him, i believe from listening to his music for almost 3 decades and his interviews, that he knew what he was doing. he wrote about it. he didn't shy away from the subject. i am sorry for his family  but only to a certain degree, to the point that i sympathize and empathize with their sorrow at not having him around anymore. but i also know he finally got peace. he was very tired, battled for a long time. he chose to leave the Game and it was his choice (unless you are on the side of he was murdered, but i digress) assuming it really was suicide. he was within his power and made his choice.

i do wish i could have met him, but i feel like i knew him anyways. his music was really personal. and strong. he is definitely missed! what a legacy he left to the world, and to listeners of his music from here on out.

Chris Cornell: (R.I.P. Oh God of Grunge; yet another, so very talented...he could do any genre of music).  He did hang himself.  It's really a shame what happened to him.  He'd kicked alcohol addiction (in 90s), opoids in early 00's, checked himself into a rehab & stayed 60 rather than 30 days.  He beat these successfully.  Sometime between then & death, he sustained, I believe, a shoulder injury - he did stage diving & very physical performances.  I'd seen a particular live performance, but can't find it now.  Due to his back-history, a doctor put him on ativan for the pain & sleep.  Again, what's wrong w/these doctors??!!  Taking that history into account on one hand, but not really helping. 

Also, read that it was his bodyguard who would give him the ativan, so he wasn't abusing anything.  He also had long history w/untreated depression.  Life was good for him, though...new marriage & fatherhood in 2000s.  I have a solo CD titled Euphoria Morning...very, very different from early dark days.  Appreciate his musicianship, but Soundgarden so, so dark/depressing.  All you need do is just read some song titles...Black Hole Sun, Fell on Black Days, The Day I Tried to Live, Pretty Noose (esp. sad, in retrospect & if there's anything to the non-suicide theory/next paragraph/this would gel w/that, making it "look like" he hung himself.)  It's my belief he may have been suffering tolerance w/d sxs of depression, like I realized in '18 I'd had since '16 (along w/agoraphobia).  I was very interested in this, b/c I, too, had been put on ativan for pain.  I just don't understand how he was able to tour & perform when I've been barely able to leave house (in '16 & '17 not as bad).

There's more to the story, though, as his widow was very vocal about her suspicions the ativan may have caused him to be suicidal.  She was silenced pretty quickly.  There are some theories that that he may have been "removed" by people their foundation/organization targets awareness of.  (Against child trafficking).  That she may have been warned w/threats against their children. Tragically, awfulness abounds in this world. 

http://chrisandvickycornellfoundation.org/about-us/

I had hoped his death would shine a light on this.  I think there's also the "rock/or entertainment star" persona taking place & professionals just see a drug-user, not making clear distinctions between illegal drug abuse & prescribed medication use, once the person in question has been both.  Unfairly, to them, and to the world of benzo.-dependents.  (I'd purchased the Stevie Nicks bio. late last summer; haven't gotten to it yet & now, concentration's far worse.)

This article does not address benzos but, it deals with retired NFL (National Football League) players and their use/misuse of opioids during and after their professional careers:

http://www.espn.com/espn/eticket/story?page=110128/PainkillersNews

"Retired NFL players misuse opioid pain medications at a rate more than four times that of the general population, and new evidence suggests that is occurring because players misused the painkillers during their NFL careers, according to a study published online in Drug and Alcohol Dependence, a peer-reviewed, scientific journal."

Key findings:

•  52 percent of the retired players said they used prescription pain medication during their playing days. Of those, 71 percent said they misused the drugs then, and 15 percent of the misusers acknowledged misusing the medication within the past 30 days.

•  Those who misused prescription painkillers while playing were three times more likely to misuse the drugs today than those who used the pills as prescribed while playing.

•  63 percent of the retired players who used prescription pain pills while playing obtained the medications from a nonmedical source: a teammate, coach, trainer, family member, dealer or the Internet."