Charles from Berlin says hello /strange headaches

[Ch...]

Hi guys,

having found that great source of informations and nice people! My name is Charles, I'm from Germany and last year I was prescribed Ativan against anxiety.

I took Ativan for about 10 weeks (2mg daily) and since then I tried to slowly taper down from 2mg to 01.mg right now. I had bad muscle aches, headaches, dizziness during that time. I managed my psychic symptoms with Magnolia bark, that worked very well. For 2-3 weeks I have now bad headaches only on my right side of the head/temple and behind my right  ear (more like a pressure-like feeling) that are not too bad in the mornings and get worse in the evenings. I take my last 0.1 doses of Ativan in the evenings right before I go to bed. After taking it it feels like its getting better a bit.

Are these head pressures on only one side something to worry about? About one month ago I had a MRI which was clear, no signs of anything.

Keep going guys, all the best for your recovery,

best from Berlin

charles

Sounds like you are doing very well.

Do you want to add to your signature in profile to show how you did it. ?

The head rushes are just withdrawal as dopamine and serotonin levels show up@)))

Dickie

zDFSObb.png

Hello CharlesBerlin!

We are very glad that you found us! You have done a great job with your taper. You are almost there... glad your MRI was clear. I had the head pressure thing for a long time. As a matter of fact, I still get it when I get really stressed out. It does lessen over time a should go away eventually.  :thumbsup:

I would also like to suggest that you do some research on the various boards. Becoming well informed should better enable you to make difficult decisions as well as provide you with the tools you need for a successful taper & recovery.  You will find many knowledgeable members who will support your efforts to be benzo free. I have enclosed a few links below that may help you. Check them out!

Wishing you a smooth taper & speedy recovery!

Bella  :smitten:

Please take the time to tell us about your history by creating a signature:

For a direct link:

CLICK HERE --->

Create a Signature <--- CLICK HERE 

Links:

Professor Heather Ashton's

Taper Info:

Suggested reduction rate is 5% - 10% every 10 - 14 days 

Create Your Own Taper Plan  by Jim Hawk  You-Tube step-by-step  Tutorial Video

Other Tutorials:

Welcome Charles:

It took me a while to navigate this system and a while to find support with my chronic "pressure headaches".  I was in tolerance withdrawal and have had a headache full time for years. It started with photophobia, phonophobia, lesions under my scalp and a feeling like I had a big rubber something squeezing my head.  I finally know that just being on the benzo caused all of my symptoms and now in tapering off it has gone from a "10" to a "5"and sometimes for a few days back to a 10.  Getting better getting the drug out of my system.

Go to "Support for Benzo Withdrawal" in blue and then  go to "Support Groups"  and then scroll down until you see groups started by people with headaches.

They are "strange" indeed and none of my doctors could ever account for the cause.  Of course, none of them looked at the terrible side effects of benzos.  I was told

I had full time migraines without headache when they first started.  I was dismissed. 

I would just encourage you to taper as fast as possible.  It appears to  me that many people on this site can taper off most of their drug down to about .25 of 1 mg (sometimes more) without a lot of trouble.  Then a slow taper, like a really slow .01 to .005  percent a day, has worked for me.  I was a long time M.D. prescribed patient (18 Years) and I ain't young but I will get better.

I was basically laid up for a  couple months during my taper but I am down to about 5% of 1 mg and I was up and around for the first time today buying flowers for pots and just finding some enjoyment in life.  Headache is still here but I certainly know I have no choice and that my brain will eventually heal.

Good luck across the planet to you in beautiful Germany (where my ancestors lived).  You can click "my posts" under my icon on the left and read my posts.  Lots of

loving people here.

Klonkar