How many times a day to dose Valium?

[0d...]

Two - three times daily should be sufficient to keep blood levels stable. As you know, Diazepam is a long acting medication that remains active past the few hours its taken.

If you have been taking it twice daily and are having no withdrawal symptoms, I personally would stay at that.. Its really up to you.

Lots of folk are ok on twice a day but if you get dips then split the am dose to 7 am and midday and keep the evening the same

You’ve done so well =—- don’t be afraid

Dickie

Hi my friend.

I am dosing twice a day like you. I have tried 3 times a day by dividing my morning 1mg  Diazepam into  two  taken at 10 am then 5pm,  then night time 1mg at 10pm, however I found that just that small change caused more instability for me at my low dose.  .5mg D did not cover me at all. during the day  So I have gone back to 1mg  morning and 1mg evening. Just in the process of swopping over to liquid for half of the dose ready for DMLT so another  adjustment now as the liquid definitely feels like taking a cut. However if I can do it, I am told that this is the smoothest way off. Personally I would leave your dose at twice a day, but we are all different. Spreading the dose may help you .

I hope this helps .

Jen . sending you a hug 

I would not do gene testing, it won’t change anything. You’ve metabolised the drug ok thus far and I think you are just having a bad patch as we all do.

If twice a day is causing no problems then I think you are doing so well and should try and relax without change except you might want to hold for a week longer on this dose as you get near to zero.

Good luck

Dickie

I’m wondering the same thing.

I take 1.5mgV in AM and 2mgV in PM

I just tapered from 2mg to 1.5 in the morning.

Here’s my question.

Should I keep tapering the morning dose til I get to 0, and then proceed to taper the night dose?

Or do I now start tapering the 2mg night dose to 1.5 to match my morning dose?

Depends on what time you get more anx I guess. 

If I was that low I would get to 1mg morning 2mg at night if you have sleep issues or early morning anxiety, then attack the evening dose later. BUT  If you get daytime anxiety then when you are ready 1.5 am and pm makes sense

I am afraid it’s trial and error for some of us.

Dick

Should I keep tapering the morning dose til I get to 0, and then proceed to taper the night dose?

That's what I did.

I’m wondering the same thing.

I take 1.5mgV in AM and 2mgV in PM

I just tapered from 2mg to 1.5 in the morning.

Here’s my question.

Or do I now start tapering the 2mg night dose to 1.5 to match my morning dose?

I think that is best determined by when you need it.  If your symptoms are worse in the morning, save more for the morning dose, if you need it to sleep, save more for the evening dose.  That's how I determine it, but everyone is different 😎

That's what I did.

Builder, I know you have posted before that when u got to 3mgs, you felt about 100%.

I’m curious, at what dose, does Valium stop effecting gaba receptors? When is it not therapeutic whatsoever?

That's what I did.

Builder, I know you have posted before that when u got to 3mgs, you felt about 100%.

I’m curious, at what dose, does Valium stop effecting gaba receptors? When is it not therapeutic whatsoever?

Great question!  I'm following for the response.

Well, that's not exactly the way the process works.

The body tries to stay in equilibrium by constantly making adjustments to current  conditions.  When you start taking a benzo, it obviously depresses some nervous responses, so to protect itself  it reduces its response to GABA to maintain  equilibrium. 

Conversely, when you reduce your dose, and the downer effect from the benzo declines, the body responds by increasing its response to GABA.

And when you try to lower your dose faster than the body can respond, that's withdrawal.

So when I got down to 3mg 1)  that's a really small dose (yes, it is), AND  2) my taper rate was so slow (about .25mg/mo days) that my body was now able to respond as quickly as I was cutting.

And somewhere around 1-2mg, valium really has no physiological effect, so your dependency has essentially ended.

I say it over and over, the whole concept of a daily microtaper is simply to more closely match your taper rate to your body's recovery rate.  And its NOT about making accurate cuts, or precise cuts, its about making gradual cuts.  Because thats how the body responds, gradually.

The body tries to stay in equilibrium by constantly making adjustments to current  conditions.  When you start taking a benzo, it obviously depresses some nervous responses, so to protect itself  it reduces its response to GABA to maintain  equilibrium. 

Conversely, when you reduce your dose, and the downer effect from the benzo declines, the body responds by increasing its response to GABA.

And when you try to lower your dose faster than the body can respond, that's withdrawal.

So when I got down to 3mg 1)  that's a really small dose (yes, it is), AND  2) my taper rate was so slow (about .25mg/14 days) that my body was now able to respond as quickly as I was cutting.

And somewhere around 1-2mg, valium really has no physiological effect, so your dependency has essentially ended.

I say it over and over, the whole concept of a daily microtaper is simply to more closely match your taper rate to your body's recovery rate.  And its NOT about making accurate cuts, or precise cuts, its about making gradual cuts.  Because thats how the body responds, gradually.

That’s a good explanation.  Thanks.

From your signature, you tapered about .25mg every month, not 14 days. Especially when u got below 5mgs. True?

So when I got down to 3mg 1)  that's a really small dose (yes, it is), AND  2) my taper rate was so slow (about .25mg/14 days) that my body was now able to respond as quickly as I was cutting.

That was a really good explanation builder, for all of us.  Thanks

That’s a good explanation.  Thanks.

From your signature, you tapered about .25mg every month, not 14 days. Especially when u got below 5mgs. True?

Your correct.  I edited my origi8nal.

I have a question.

So my 2mg pills weigh from .168 to .176

Do the heavier pills have more “active ingredient” in them than the less heavier pills?

Meaning is there more “Valium” in the heavier pills compared to the lesser weight ones?

I have a question.

So my 2mg pills weigh from .168 to .176

Do the heavier pills have more “active ingredient” in them than the less heavier pills?

Meaning is there more “Valium” in the heavier pills compared to the lesser weight ones?

Both the weight and content will vary.  And the weight has no relationship to the content.  The lightest could be the most potent, and vice versa.