When crossing over to V and once fully on how times are you supposed to dose

[Pi...]

And I thought everyone felt the cuts after 3-4 weeks because that's how long it takes to build up and leave system

So why does Ashton say to cut every week or two

I don't understand the Ashton manual or I'd know so please no rude comments

I can see why you are confused. There will be a lot of help from some very knowledgeable people, but I will give you my take. First I believe .2mg Klonopin is = to 3mg of valium. I've been on 2.5 mg diazepam for 12 years now and reading some of the posts from people converting to V, it takes a while for your body to adjust to the new drug. I think you took too high of dose to begin with. You will receive lots of advice so just read and absorb the information and then decide how you want to proceed. The V has a 200 hour period that it will be in your system so you might not really feel the effects for 8 days, which is just about where I was. I decided to do a micro taper going down .001g of weight every 2 days and that seems to be better for me than doing a cut and hold. Ask question and seek advice from the people on this site, but you have to be in control of your taper. I hope this helps you a little. I'm more concerned that you use to correct dose of V so you are not tapering longer than you should. The first item is getting the proper V dosage down, then you have to let your body stabilize and then start the taper of choice.

And I thought everyone felt the cuts after 3-4 weeks because that's how long it takes to build up and leave system

So why does Ashton say to cut every week or two

I don't understand the Ashton manual or I'd know so please no rude comments

The Ashton Manual is really a guide.  People taper at different rates and everyone's symptoms hit them at different times.  IMO it's too fast for many of us, so going a little slower until you see, is a wise idea.  You can always speed up.  5% every two weeks, IMO, gives you 10 % a month.  If you find your body handles that well, speed up to 7%.  Everyone is different, when you feel your cuts will be different than others.  It will depend on your drug history and benzo.  Use it as a guide, and if you find cutting every 2 weeks is too fast for you, let your symptoms stabilize and cut then.  Make the taper work with your body and symptoms.  Always pay attention to your symptoms.  They will let you know if you are ready to cut again.  Good luck, Mary ♥️

Perhaps I read you wrong but I think you meant how many times a day.

I am comfortable with three x , other just twice and some on 4

Although it has a long half life you can still get dips if much over 6 hours.

I am not a perfect example as I am on other poisons.

I also won’t drive on a belly of Valium so tend to go small am and lunch and rest at night.

Hope y soon sorted

Dickie

In my personal experience so far, the Valium taper from K is brutal!

As a poster states "everybody is different" in past history of addiction and or mental stability but, taking Valium does nothing to "stabilize" me will tapering and I'm following the Ashton method to the T! I fight the relief from anxiety everyday after 7 months on Valium taper now.

The constant monitoring of when and how much Valium to take throughout the day/night just consumes me as if I'm doing something wrong? Afternoons are the worse while in-between doses. I just want to grab a .5MG of K and get through the next few hours! Why doctors are STILL prescribing this poison is criminal! Just venting and fighting through...

Riley

I know how you feel.

There was a time when 5mg of Diaz would calm me best part of the day.

Now it does nothing in an emergency!

I have the greatest respect for Prof Ashton but I have read many posts where it’s clear the switch is just not quite enough.

Don’t forget you are tapering. The discomfort is part of healing for some. And you’ve done 7 months.

Don’t be downhearted

Best wishes

Dick

Thanks for the reply Dick! Unfortunately I'm going through a tough time after getting laid off from my  job in August, loss of Mother last year and dealing with insurance coverage and mounting bills. There are days when I look back unfortunately and ask myself " when and where did this all start going downhill with the glory years of my life! I was making  6 figures at a in an industry I loved, now I find no purpose in getting up everyday! Started benzos for insomnia and anxiety and built up complete tolerance all the while social drinking to relieve the stress.