Help. Splitting dose?

[ma...]

Splitting Dose? Need your input. When, how, and why do you split dose? How do you gradually, safely split with daily liquid taper?  Did it help with severe tolerance? Did it help with interdose withdrawal?

My sleep benzo Temazepam has half life 8-20 hrs, 10 hr mean. NO active metabolite. 

9 days ago switched mfg. My sleep pretty good. Days are bad and worse b4 take Med.

Splitting OK with this sleep medication? Been on the same goes for 8+ years as prescribed. I think I’m in severe tolerance and interdose withdrawl?  I want to start to taper soon.  After splitting?

If you take it as a "sleep medicine", why would you want to split your dose??

And IMO, when starting a taper the fewer changes you make, the easier it will be.

What do others think? It’s a short half life. Im really suffering worse as the day goes on. In bad tolerance and interdose withdrawal. I’m willing to sacrifice some nite Med for daytime if I could feel better more stable during day to start taper.

Every day feels like a cold turkey and haven’t even started to taper yet. Days are much worse than night. Sleep is pretty good cuz I use other coping skills for sleep.

How long would it take for me to know if it helps?

Could Start with 50% at night 11pm and 50% 11am?

But would body freak and think it’s cold turkey if only take 50% at nite?  I’m sleeping (pretty good.) Sleep is sort of the only relief I get in 24 hrs.