I'm Lost

[Lo...]

So i have been trying to get my head together for a while now to write this post but i just remain in Benzo tolerance hell. I have not felt normal since the day i stopped taking Phenazepam.

Well, cards on the table time... i am an opiate user first of all. I went to get on a Methadone program and also to keep the worst of the Benzo w/d's at bay. Now i am not even sure if i am up for that even.

Ok, my plan was to reduce my Flubromazepam using a solution of say 25x4mg (100mg) in 100ml of PG. and using a slow reduction from there.

I am scared to death to hand over my control over my reduction but just wanted some feedback as to what i have planned. Are there many folks here familiar with Flubromazepam ?. Are there any success stories about a Flubromazepam detox.

Many thnx for any help offered.  :thumbsup:

Well it seems i am not speaking the right lingo for this forum. Guess its just another test of my reserve.

I'm beginning to think my signature is a waste of time as it states my past drug use as i dont have a taper under my belt yet to share.

This is where i am right now, i am stable on opiates via 60ml of Methadone. A drug i hate but i had to drop the Heroin as my life had gotten out of control because of the benzos. The idea was to stay stable on the Methadone to help me through the Benzo taper.

As i have said, my last problem was with Flubromazepam so it's a Flubromazepam taper i was looking at.

I am on a daily dose of 22.2mg.... and stuck there. Some days i will wake up cramps and akathisia but i know uping will just make me feel worse.

I want to make a 1mg/1ml stock solution with propylene glycol to dissolve the 4mg pellets.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Hi I am not an expert in these new drugs. Flubromazepam is a close cousin of Phenazepam according to the literature.

It is about a third stronger than valium using the online converter. -Double check!!

I am sure you should look at the Ashton manual, though some modern benzos are not in her charts you adjust the chart to suit. Then consider a valium taper with tabs -but you must take your prescriber's advice not mine.

You can click on Builder's handle on any of his threads and he will accept a PM I am sure.

Its outside my experience I am afraid.

Post your precise daily dose and in what form and how often.

That would help.

Dick

Hi Fortylongyears,

And thnx for the reply. I am on 5 and a half pellets of 4mgs of Flubromazepam taken at night, so that would be 22mgs.

I'm just cutting pellets at the mo but want a solution to make more accurate measurements.

Thnx

See if they dissolve in weak gin or vodka.

Dissolve them in 20ml and draw up only 19ml —Chuck 1ml —-that gives you a five percent taper. Stay on that for 2 weeks, then draw up 18ml and use for two weeks chucking 2ml.

You’ve come down ten percent in 4 weeks !!

Then reassess if can go faster or not.

That’s what I would do NOT AN EXPERT,! 

Good luck

Dick

I am assuming you can make this solution and have syringe from amazon.

So i have been trying to get my head together for a while now to write this post but i just remain in Benzo tolerance hell. I have not felt normal since the day i stopped taking Phenazepam.

Well, cards on the table time... i am an opiate user first of all. I went to get on a Methadone program and also to keep the worst of the Benzo w/d's at bay. Now i am not even sure if i am up for that even.

Ok, my plan was to reduce my Flubromazepam using a solution of say 25x4mg (100mg) in 100ml of PG. and using a slow reduction from there.

I am scared to death to hand over my control over my reduction but just wanted some feedback as to what i have planned. Are there many folks here familiar with Flubromazepam ?. Are there any success stories about a Flubromazepam detox.

Many thnx for any help offered.  :thumbsup:

This may be something not many know of.  Go to search on the home page and type it in, if it interests you, look right above it, and it will tell you what thread the information is on.  Now I am going to bump you up to see if we can get some more to read the post.

Bump

Cheers for the input mate.... all makes a difference.

Hadnt thought of that method. I have just bought 1L of PG (propylene glycol) and was hoping to start early with a liquid taper, no problem getting syringes from my place of treatment for my Opiate reduction. Just looking at the 1L bottle reminds me this will be a long process.... and all the time i'm reading.... looking for answers to get through this. Going to need to build up my patience muscle  :)

Cost cutting means here in the UK we get the cheap mix isomer Methadone, so only half the dose is an opiate the other works on the NMDA system and i have just read in the supplements section that these kind of drugs are not helpful when detoxing on GABA agents. Maybe moving over to Buprenorphine is the answer.

To anyone else who might want to tell me about their experience with PG solutions, like... the pellets have fillers. Do i try filter these out, shake bottle and just use a wide gauge pin?. Once i have mixed and heated to 60-70*C will it remain in solution or do i have to heat from time to time to keep it in solution?.

Please, anyone, chip in..... this is my second most important resource and i know you have probably heard it all before but i need support as i havent yet built up a group people who can help me. I have been through alot in my life but the benzos have me on my knees begging for answers and at times in my recovery group i just breakdown crying.

I hope someone cant relate and offer some experience or tips or NOT to do's. Seems like most of the supplements i have looked at have some adverse effect on benzo w/d's

Hope you all have a good day.

Peace

p.s

Thnx, Mary. Nice of you to do that for me. Yep, definitely feels like i'm in uncharted waters. Hugs

Don't worry about the inactive ingredients (fillers, binders, etc).  They don't matter.  The solvent does NOT need to be heated.  And once the benzo has gone into solution, it will remain in solution and stable.

:angel: Guys, I am so happy to be getting feedback. Builder, I think i will be reading a lot of your posts as the chilled out, keep it simple, really is something someone like me, who over thinks everything, gives me a stabilising and calming effect and helps me feel this is totally doable.  :thumbsup:

I have been reading the Ashton Manual online for a while and last week ordered the book and have the PDF. Now to get to work on my personal taper.

8)

Take it easy Buddies

:angel: Guys, I am so happy to be getting feedback. Builder, I think i will be reading a lot of your posts as the chilled out, keep it simple, really is something someone like me, who over thinks everything, gives me a stabilising and calming effect and helps me feel this is totally doable.  :thumbsup:

I have been reading the Ashton Manual online for a while and last week ordered the book and have the PDF. Now to get to work on my personal taper.

8)

Take it easy Buddies

Good luck!!    :) Mary

DLMT 101:

1)  Make a solution by combining 3 ingredients (benzo + solvent + water)

2) Take a little less each day.

Hi Path,

Good luck to you. I wanted to share regarding taking other supplements or meds... One thing that’s helped me is I keep these links As resourses.  on my computer I do a “word” search in these 3 (Avoid No) lists to read IF and WHY it’s in the no list to help me make an informed decision for my case.  Do a word search for “gaba” for example.

The reason an item may be on NO list could be that it affects the same GABA receptor sites and could prevent healing. Or because Benzos cause hyper sensitivity to the central nervous system, and individuals may be over reactive to many substances while on benzos.  Or might be antidotal reasons based on laymen’s experience. 

Everyone’s different.  What works for some, others have bad reactions etc. In general the Benzo community consensus, from what I’ve read and heard, is to allow the body space and time to heal, without additional supplements or meds if at all possible.

I personally have slowly tapered off most my supplements to prepare for my benzo taper.

NO / AVOID List while on Benzo, tapering, or recently completed. 

Beating Benzos AVOID NO list.

http://www.beatingbenzos.com/365527993 

(BAD) Benzo Awareness Day LIST to AVOID. NO List.

http://w-bad.org/reactions-setbacks/

AVOID No List.

What not to take while on Benzo’s, by registered RN

https://www.facebook.com/notes/benzodiazepine-recovery/what-not-to-take-while-on-benzodiazepines-by-shelby-register-rn/647497302054254/

The following links are good resourses to read, but don’t have a NO list.

The Possible Risks of Using Recreational Drugs, Supplements, Herbs and Other Substances with Psychoactive Effects During Psychiatric Drug Withdrawal

https://withdrawal.theinnercompass.org/help-hub/possible-risks-using-recreational-drugs-supplements-herbs-and-other-substances

Being careful vitamin and mineral supplements psychiatric drug withdrawal

https://withdrawal.theinnercompass.org/help-hub/being-careful-vitamin-and-mineral-supplements-psychiatric-drug-withdrawal

Drug Metabolism, Substance Interactions, and Genetics— Understanding Possible Implications for Psychiatric Drug Tapering

https://withdrawal.theinnercompass.org/help-hub/drug-metabolism-substance-interactions-and-genetics-understanding-possible-implications

:thumbsup: Mary, Fortylongyears, you rock.... thnx for the words of support. To me it all makes a difference.

mangogal  :angel:  What a fantastic method of research you have got yourself there, i've been reading like mad and gladly i'm not doing much wrong as it goes with supplements, the only things i was worried about were the amino acids in a re-hydration drink i use to counteract the over sweating due to Methadone :sick: and its caffeine content.... but its all fine. The only other supplement i am using is CBD but the jury is still out on that one but it does seem to have some beneficial effects on my aches and pains from old injuries.

I will most definitely be incorporating your + - good/bad list into use in my research from here on in.

Today i'm keeping it simple, meditated this morning, as its perfect weather for a bike ride :yippee: off to say hello to mother nature.

Hope you are all doing well.

Peace

:thumbsup: Mary, Fortylongyears, you rock.... thnx for the words of support. To me it all makes a difference.

mangogal  :angel:  What a fantastic method of research you have got yourself there, i've been reading like mad and gladly i'm not doing much wrong as it goes with supplements, the only things i was worried about were the amino acids in a re-hydration drink i use to counteract the over sweating due to Methadone :sick: and its caffeine content.... but its all fine. The only other supplement i am using is CBD but the jury is still out on that one but it does seem to have some beneficial effects on my aches and pains from old injuries.

I will most definitely be incorporating your + - good/bad list into use in my research from here on in.

Today i'm keeping it simple, meditated this morning, as its perfect weather for a bike ride :yippee: off to say hello to mother nature.

Hope you are all doing well.

Peace

have a great ride in the beautiful weather  :D.      🚴🚴🚴🚴🚴🚴🚴🚴

Wow,

What a long weekend. I'm feeling really positive. Probably lots to do with the exercise i have been engaging in and this glorious Sun. Got a ton of work done in the house too...  :yippee: only niggle is my dodgy knee. All in all a perfect time to start my taper. Tomorrow i will pick up some syringes and i'm set for my first 2mg cut down to 20mg daily.

I haven't written so much in ages. I have three note books related to my support group, a personal journal to make sure i remember all of this. Keep my mind ticking over too. And one for my taper schedule. Its a "Things to do" type format but it works great for what i want.

Found a stunning Asian superstore with the best fruit and veg. Not that into curry any more, im sure your tastes change over time. Great for juices and soups and the odd bag of Cashews or Pistachios.

Hope you are all well as can be.

Peace.