around the clock sleep cycles ???

[ju...]

does anyone else deal with around the clock sleep cycles ?  i am 32 and have been dealing with this for over 10 years  i can not stay on normal hours and i constantly go around the clock several times a year  by around the clock i mean i go to bed at 4am for a couple months then 4am turn to 8am for a couples months then 12pm n so fourth and when i get to day time hours i can never keep them long term its a vicious cycle just wonder if anyone else deals with this ? 

[23...]

does anyone else deal with around the clock sleep cycles ?  i am 32 and have been dealing with this for over 10 years  i can not stay on normal hours and i constantly go around the clock several times a year  by around the clock i mean i go to bed at 4am for a couple months then 4am turn to 8am for a couples months then 12pm n so fourth and when i get to day time hours i can never keep them long term its a vicious cycle just wonder if anyone else deals with this ?

It looks as though you had this problem before benzos, and so did I.

I’ve always been a nocturnal person, and battled this all of my life, just to be able to keep a day job. As soon as I took vacation, I’d revert to my natural way of sleeping during the day.

Benzo problems reignited this issue in a big way. During tolerance, withdrawal and then PAWS, I slept only 0-2 hours a night, and when natural sleep finally did return, I found I could only sleep during daylight hours. So I just took leave from work so that I could go with it, just to let natural sleep happen whenever it could.

Now I’m cycling, just as you are. I spent the last couple of months sleeping from 7am-10pm basically, which is insane, but I don’t care because I’m so grateful to sleep again. Now I’m beginning to be able to manage more nighttime sleep, but it’s quite a battle. ::)

Were you a night person to begin with? Because I suspect that during benzo recovery, our brains may reset us to our innate sleeping instincts.

I have always been the night owl type. My natural sleep pattern likely would be something like 2 a.m. to 10 a.m. In w/d I may not fall to sleep until 7 or 8 a.m. and then be up by 11 or noon.

The hardest part is that I am from a rigid family of 8 a.m., noon, 5 p.m. mealtime people with bedtime about 10 p.m. and up with the sun or earlier. I hear the talk about lazy people who stay in the bed half the day. Holidays are always on extended family time.

The last vacation (and I mean it in more ways than one), a relative booked us with a tour guide starting at 8 a.m. on day one after an international flight and at 7:30 a.m. for day two. I did not sleep the first night so made it for the nine hours of touring. The second day . . . I slept and skipped the tour guide thing.

yes i am more of a night owl myself i was have been struggling with insomnia on and off for the past few months yesterday i was up for 22 hours before finally falling asleep.  then i would wake up every hour and a half but was able to go back to sleep i think i got about a total of 6 to 7 hours but feel like garbage today so far i have a really bad headache and im still tired i am hoping  a nap is in my near future

27 yrs old. Been like this for about 2 years now since my cold turkey. Try to always adjust my sleep schedule back to first shift but , it never lasts. Seems to fluctuate every month or so.

I've always been a night owl and a light sleeper. Have struggled to incorporate a normal sleep schedule for as long as I can remember.

Thought Ambien was the wonder drug solution. Found out the hard way taking meds is not the solution.

I basically don't fight when my internal clock decides it's time to sleep.

Sadly, recovery from benzo's/z-drugs has just made an already bad/complex struggle more challenging.

In the world we live in, my experience has been that hard core insomniacs are not well understood by the majority. Oh well....not much to do but accept things as they are and be grateful for any sleep that I manage.