Crossing over to Diazepam Today!

[Po...]

Hi Buddies,

I am crossing over to Diazepam today.  I am so nervous. I have taken Xanax for 8 years.  I was able to taper easily from 2mg down to 1mg in 6 months and I was feeling very proud of myself.  Once i got below 1.0 the side effects were too much to handle and Ive been reading that the valium makes it easier.  My doc told me to just stop the x and take the v.  But I'm going to do it like the ashton manual says.  It'll take a while but I  need some time to stabilize anyway.

Does anyone have any success stories about their crossover to valium?  What should I expect.

Many Thanks!

Hi Buddies,

But I'm going to do it like the ashton manual says.  It'll take a while but I  need some time to stabilize anyway.

Many Thanks!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hi Buddies,

But I'm going to do it like the ashton manual says.  It'll take a while but I  need some time to stabilize anyway.

Many Thanks!

Thanks Builder,  appreciate your response.  looks like you had some great success!  Hoping thats the case for me too.

You are walking the right road. Ignore any hiccups and have faith in what thousands have done.

Congratulations on your hand work.

Dickie

Hi Buddies,

Many Thanks!

Builder. I see from your sig you were on Valium. I am finding it very sedating and i am pretty much non functional. Did you find this subsided over time?

Thanks for your response.

The sedation lasts about two weeks from my experience on up to 30 and as low as 6mg over 51 years.

Be off it in a year I hope

Dick

The sedation lasts about two weeks from my experience on up to 30 and as low as 6mg over 51 years.

Be off it in a year I hope

Dick

Thanks for your reply. It makes me feel like I should try to cut more because I am so sleepy. Can I ask one more question. When i was on Xanax i would feel the withdrawl in 2-3 days from cutting my dose and it would usually subside in about 7 days. Except this last cut which was too much and i went 18 days with horrible side effects before I crossed over to Valium.  Since the Valium is longer acting when do you think the withdrawl will start after the cut?

Thank you!