"There must be . . ."

[Ca...]

Has anyone ever come to the point to where they say "there must be a better way"? If so, how/why did you come to that point? What does it mean to you? Just curious.

• 1 month later...

I had that thought many times, 7 years ago when I began this weird journey. And I have to be honest, I have never found a better or easier way to get off benzos. It all seems so hit or miss. Most people have NO wd symptoms or very minimal ones and some just have it really awful. The awful ones who manage to find their way to BB or some other online group are the lucky ones. Can you imagine NOT having even the support we get here?

I consider us the lucky ones when it comes to this.

Just so you know, my wd did not last 7 years. It was very bad the first year, a bit better the second, and by the third year I felt well enough to function and consider going back to work. I also took a hiatus from BB for several years, as this is something many people want to do once they heal. But I chose to come back here here in the hopes I might help someone else get through this. I will also say that another hiatus may be coming, as I am seriously considering going back to work as a nurse. Hopefully doing home psych care, ideally in a detox facility.

No matter what, I wont forget how much BB helped me back when I was struggling just to survive.

east