Burning skin sensation during bad anxiety attack today

[Ha...]

it happened again, I went to a grocery store with my social support worker today (Safe person as I have severe anxiety, Agoraphobia etc)  and had a severe attack with one of my newer symptoms being a weird burning sensation, really nasty, almost felt like a really strong Deep Relief ,or A-535 type creme ( it was on my chest which made it scarier, my taper has been rough and I'm down 1 mg of Klonopin since June 18th,  now at 0.5 mg currently on hold while I find a new direction/method  to go on ( thinking of Vodka still) , I'm 52 years old, eating good, weight good etc , 3 hours or later , it's still there a bit,  anyone else out there ever have this? 

First of all,  congrats on how you have tapered so far. Doing a good job.

The symptom you talk about is very common. I had itching, burning skin plus it felt like I had tiny insects crawling all over me. OMG, that is not a good way to feel. Skin symptoms are common in BWD, so try not to be worried about this too much.

How wonderful that where you live, you can have a Social Support person! I am in the USA and this is unheard of here, or so I think. Maybe it is something new but its a wonderful idea. Sop glad you have this.

Klonapin has a well deserved bad reputation. It is an extremely potent benzo, and many on BB feel it can have a worse WD. I got off Klonapin 6 mgs, plus Ambien and two ADs. And went CT off it all. NOT a good thing.

I would like to hear more of your story.

east

thanks for the reply, I'll write more later, as I'm still not well right now, the burning sensation turned on fast like, in the store,

then i was shaky, nervous, and my heart was going crazy, palps, ( still rapid a bit now, even with Beta Blocker, which I took this morning Bisoprolol 5 mg's )  I'm very run down right now (  I don't work a job , and I'm inside most of the time, but with winter dying, I'm going outside a bit anyway)  so basically my worst/ chronic symptoms are feeling weak, bad Generalized Anxiety, bad Panic Disorder , health anxiety ( related to heart) Agoraphobia, 

also, if I had stayed in today, and didn't have this severe attack in the store, so I'm thinking that the store, or anxiety

about going out, may be a factor in this,  the store itself didn't did cause this, my body , the benzo taper./withdrawal , or the anxiety disorder itself, all these came together and hit at once,  it was wild,

When I first got off benzos, I had a similar experience. This happened about two months after I went CT. A friend drove me to Walmart. I had a lot of trouble dealing with those super bright lights. Everything looks super weird to me. I started to panic. My heart rate went up and I started sweating, as anxiety took hold of me. The people around me looked super weird to me. I begabn toi thinkI must be some sort of alien in a strange land. I got my shopping done as quickly as possible because I started to feel as if I did not get out of that store asap, I would go plumb crazy.

Can you tell me how you plan to finally get off the benzo? It seems you have a good job. You can expect to have wd symptoms for a while once you jump. But in the end, you will heal, just as I did and so many others before us.

east

thanks, I wrote a bit there, but I'm still edgy and not thinking clearly, feel like crap still

I was  doing a water taper, and I think I went too fast , been holding for 50 days, trying to

stabilize a bit, before I figure out how to do the Vodka DLMT method, I got all the stuff to

do this, 100 increment oral syringes, the distilled water, the Vodka itself, and the Jar...

I have to wait to make sure I don''t lose the script, as I have to work on my main GP

who is taking this over, my other doc is retiring, end of April, ( the one who put me on the benzo

4-5 years ago) I hit tolerance undiagnosed to me, in August 2017,  I'll write more later k, and

any help or insight is greatly appreciated  as I'm really suffering now,

Klonopin seems notorious for the underneath burning skin sensation. I had this also really bad when I was on K. I am getting it now on the V, but not nearly as bad as when I was on the K. Mine was also chest and upper back......makes you feel like it is your heart and that just revs up your anxiety even more and you can get caught in a very vicious cycle.

yes it does feel like its your heart, you ain't kidding, it really was intense, and it just amped up the anxiety,

the Pharmacy is in the same store, and i went to the pharmacist ( who kind of knows I'm tapering etc) and

I showed him what I was going through, he couldn't believe it, and I told him, as I gasped for breath etc in

literally full panic, that this is what this medication has done to me,  then I bolted ... I really didn't feel that good..

• 3 weeks later...
This is my number one symptom. One thing avoid Alcohol alcohol can rev up symptoms. Most recommend you don’t even drink alcohol until two years off. I will burn down my arms into My upper chest. Front of Neck Back of neck and face and head even my lips burn it can last 10 minutes or 10 hours. Comes and goes. Joints become ridged and crack when I turn my neck or bend over. My eyes burn so bad they have to be washed out. Sometimes foods can set it off I have to avoid cakes cookies ice cream and msg

Happy,

How are you doing?

I’ve had severe burning skin head to toe.  It was 24/7 first 2 months after CT.  In month 5 and it’s down to 12 hours a day.  In the beginning it was so bad, I thought I was burning in hell.

SaraSue  :smitten:

• 2 months later...
The burning skin, chest tightness, burning sternum and even lungs have been with me everyday since I went into tolerance, and now that I have just begun my DLMT (day 5).  I know it is uncomfortable, as I feel it is very uncomfortable, but it is a SX I feel is better than some of the other ones that are more disturbing on the list of possible withdrawal SX's!  Know it is all part of the experience, and one day when you get through this, it WILL be gone!  It may take some time, but you will be you again.  Until then, I'm uncomfortable with you! ❤