Hello

[To...]

I've been off Xanax (Alprazolam) for about 6 months.  Was taking .5-1 mg for almost ten years.  I am still dealing with memory and cognitive issues, ringing in my ears and muscle soreness.  Is all of that still side effects attributable to benzos?  And when will it end?  I did spike to taking higher doses just about 1 year before quitting but that was a short 1 month time frame.

zDFSObb.png

Hello Toolong!

We are very glad that you found us! Congratulations on being benzo free!

Sorry to hear you are still struggling with symptoms at 6 months off. The symptoms you have described are common to benzo withdrawal. Healing can take some time for long term users and those who are sensitive. Try to remain patient and keep your self distracted. The symptoms should eventually go away.

I would like to suggest that you do some research on the various boards. Becoming well informed should better enable you to make difficult decisions as well as provide you with the tools you need for a successful recovery. You will find many knowledgeable people here who will support you in your efforts to remain benzo free. I have enclosed a few links below. Check them out!

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Bella  :smitten:

Please take the time to tell us about your history by creating a signature:

For a direct link:

CLICK HERE --->

Create a Signature <--- CLICK HERE 

Links:

Professor Heather Ashton's

Boards:

Other Tutorials:

Welcome Toolong.

Your symptoms are common symptoms in benzo withdrawal.  It is possibly still early recovery for you.  Hopefully, you will wake up soon with all sxs gone.

SaraSue  :smitten:

Welcome Toolong.

Your symptoms are common symptoms in benzo withdrawal.  It is possibly still early recovery for you.  Hopefully, you will wake up soon with all sxs gone.

SaraSue  :smitten:

I agree with SS, you did an agressive taper and those are very common withdrawal symptoms.  Time and patience will probably heal all those symptoms imo.  Good luck, keep us posted, love Mary 🌺